Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Reasonable spa choice for girlfriends weekend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I want to do a spa weekend together to "celebrate" our 50th b-days. She's in MD, I'm in SC. We're willing to fly, but looking for reasonably priced spa locations - not top-of-the-line & top-dollar luxury. Looking for peaceful & beautiful surroundings; massages & other spa services; wine, drinks & good food available; and maybe some nearby shopping. In US, but otherwise not limited geographically - we'll just look for flights once we get some options we like. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 11:39 AM

I know you said US, but a group of us went to Hotel Spa Ixtapan. You fly into Mexico City adn the spa picks you up for the hour to two hour drive to the spa. The spa is basic but clean and very nice. They have two or three pools, plus an early morning walk through the golf course and the town, and a few exercise classes. But what they mostly have is spa treatments, massages, facials, etc. We were on a spa package that included so many treatments we almost couldn't get to all of them. My skin has never looked so good.

For the US try Red Mountain Spa or green Valley spa in Utah. Never been to them and am not sure those are the names, but I have heard good things.
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM

I've been looking into the Red Mountain Spa and what I've read both on this forum and other places sound positive.

It's about a 2 hour drive from Las Vegas.

Old Feb 15th, 2008, 11:48 AM

The spa at the Sandestin Resort in Destin, Florida is very enjoyable. I don't know if they have multiple day packages, but I enjoyed my one-day package there a lot. It is a nice hotel on the water, so you could enjoy your day at the spa followed by a little sun and good food. I turn 50 also this year...yuk....so you guys have a great time!
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 07:50 AM

I have posted about Red Mountain several times. It is a great trip for a girls group. Wine is available with dinner, but it is limited and there are no mixed drinks. The food is good, but it is all healthy. So if you are wanting to indulge, this is not the place. Other than that, it is excellent!