FUNSUN TRAVEL? 598$ for two

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 01:19 PM
George MacPherson

FUNSUN TRAVEL? 598$ for two

Has anyone seen the advertisement on the net or on email for this funsun vacation for 598$ for two people including airfare, car, bahamas/orlando cruise... Is is real, and if so, is it worth it?

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 02:57 PM
2good2btrue

I saw that ad 3 or 4 months ago too. I did all sorts of searches to see if they were legit. No luck. Even the BBB hasn't heard of them. I gave up and figured the old adage; "if it sounds too good....." I was primarily looking for a good package deal. They're hard to find. I did better myself, try Expedia, Travelocity, Hotfares, etc. Sometimes their rates turn out better than iffy package deals. Good luck.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:43 AM
xxx

You can find their website at www.funsuntravel.com. It seems pretty good, but they are probably leaving out some pertinant details.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Alert Avoid

I can tell you the honest truth, I USED TO WORK FOR FUNSUN TRAVEL. I can tell you honestly that IT IS NOT A SCAM, but IT IS NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS. Firstly, there is no cruise, it is basically a transportation ship from Florida to the Bahamas and back. Your accomodations in the bahamas are at the Island Palm resort, a 2 star crap joint, and in orlando they are also low quality hotels. A car is included but it is a compact. What they neglect to tell you is that a) Your flight will have to leave at like 2 in the morning (depending on where you are from) because the ship leaves Port Everglades at 8 in the morning. They also don't tell you that when you come back from Bahamas, you arrive in Fort Lauderdale at about 11 p.m. and are expected to drive to Orlando at this point for your accomodations and you would arrive there at about 1 a.m. I would say that this trip is not a scam, but is only worthwhile if you are really planning on saving money and excepting quite poor service and accomodations.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 11:25 AM
ttt

ttt