Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hawthorn Suites, Fairfield Inns or Country Inn and suites?

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 03:25 PM
sandra

I know that these properties are not upscale, luxurious ones, but are they comparable...which one would have the best quality in your books?

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:27 PM
x

I have never stayed at Hawthorn. From the ones I have tried, Country Inn were better than Fairfield. I have only tried a few of them. I would look at how long since built or last remodel.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 01:54 AM
sandra

Okay...thanks, that helps a bit as it was a toss up betweeen Fairfield and Country inn and suites. Have never stayed at Hawthorn either.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 06:21 AM
plummie

Stayed at a Hawthorn Suites in Omaha a couple of weeks ago, first time at that chain. The two of us had a penthouse unit - second floor had full kitchen with breakfast bar, full and half sofa beds, fireplace (temp in the 90's - we didn't use), table with four chairs, desk with computer (could have had unlimited internet for $10/day), murphy bed in wall, full bath. Loft upstairs had king bed and another full bath. Extensive full breakfast was included. During the week they have complimentary drinks and snacks every evening. We'd certainly try Hawthorn again.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Bill I

Have stayed at a County Inn & Suites, outside of Milwaukee. It was fairly new & we stayed in a jaccuzzi room. The room was excellent & really comfortable. This paricular motel advertized a hot (as opposed to just a continental) breakfast that came with all rooms, except the scrambled eggs looked alittle green around the edges, otherwise it was good.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Beachbum

Hi Sandra,
We prefer the Country Inns....usually new properties, helpful staff, and we've always found them very clean.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Owen O'Neill

Have stayed in Hawthorn and found it much nicer than Fairfield (not knocking Fairfield but it's not as nice). Haven't tried Country Inn suites but if it's the same folks as Cross Country Inn (a regional chain in the midwest - Ohio etc) it should be nice.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 10:44 AM
sandra

Wow, a lot of responses...I think I will spring for Country Inn and Suites...willl check out Hawthorn for the visit thereafter!

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 11:26 AM
kkj

Country Inn and Suites and Hawthorne are pretty comparable. The biggest difference is that Hawthorne is an all suite property and Country Inn has mostly rooms with some suites.

Fairfield, although nice, is not quite on the same level. It's a slight (very slight) step below.