Reload this Page >

Fun Sun Travel Package $598????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:11 AM
mtwheels

Does anyone know anything about this special that i keep seeing on the internet? <BR>Fun Sun Travel trip to the bahamas includes:<BR>flights<BR>discovery cruise to Freeport<BR>4 nights Island palm resort<BR>cruise back <BR>rental car for<BR>2 nights in orlando<BR>2 disney tickets?<BR><BR>It sounds too good to be true, but i have check into it and it seems legit. I even checked the BBB. <BR>Anyone have any info or experiences?<BR>Thanks!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:16 PM
scarn alert

Sorry this travel scam has been around for years and years. The ship is Discovery Cruise line (a ferry at best).<BR>The hotel is a dump. There are other charges involved. <BR>This is mainly those certificates given out as incentives by car dealerships and resturants.<BR>You can get a REAL Cruise for this price at some times of the year (fall)

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 02:51 PM
smarttraveller

it's a scam!!!! You'll see dozens of this being auctioned at ebay and no one is bidding. You can't pay me enough to stay on this hotel.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Denise

Hi,<BR>I am embarrassed to say that I purchased this very deal 7 years ago.<BR>There are many hidden charges. We did opt to upgrade our hotel to the Princess (name has changed) in Freeport, and thankfully, we did. The hotel that is in the package is a DUMP. We had a shuttle from the Princess that went to that dump and the people got on the shuttle and all they did was complain!! It was scary looking; bars on the windows, bad area, etc...<BR>It is not on a beach. The shuttle takes you to Xanadu beach which is a PIT. It is the nastiest water I have ever seen. Disgusting.<BR>When we got to our hotel, we had to pay I think $100 in taxes. We also had to pay for a taxi to the hotel.<BR>Excursions obviously are extra, also, and you will want to go on them because the hotel is such a dump (if you stay at the one in the deal without upgrading).<BR>The cruise was dissappointing as well. Smaller type ship.<BR>Please save your money! Like the other poster said, you can buy a vacation for the same amount of money just about and have a lot more fun.<BR>If you want more specifics, feel free to e-mail me or ask here.<BR>This was a very dissappointing vacation. Also, airfare is not included to Ft. Lauderdale. <BR>We paid so much more than the $500 or whatever they advertise it for. We could have gone to so many other places!!!<BR>Like I said, feel free to ask any questions, but please! Save your $$$$.<BR>Denise

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:44 PM
xxx

I can tell you the honest truth, I USED TO WORK FOR FUNSUN TRAVEL. I can tell you honestly that IT IS NOT A SCAM, but IT IS NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS. Firstly, there is no cruise, it is basically a transportation ship from Florida to the Bahamas and back. Your accomodations in the bahamas are at the Island Palm resort, a 2 star crap joint, and in orlando they are also low quality hotels. A car is included but it is a compact. What they neglect to tell you is that a) Your flight will have to leave at like 2 in the morning (depending on where you are from) because the ship leaves Port Everglades at 8 in the morning. They also don't tell you that when you come back from Bahamas, you arrive in Fort Lauderdale at about 11 p.m. and are expected to drive to Orlando at this point for your accomodations and you would arrive there at about 1 a.m. I would say that this trip is not a scam, but is only worthwhile if you are really planning on saving money and excepting quite poor service and accomodations.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 05:14 PM
mtwheels

Thanks for all the replies.<BR>This has been very helpful. This is our first trip South of Florida.<BR>Can anyone suggest another Island that is nice about Thanksgiving and won't cost over about $2500 for the trip?<BR>Thanks for your help!!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:11 AM
tweedy

Novermber is starting the high season on some of the islands so to get good prices I would suggest you book something pretty quickly.<BR><BR>My suggestion would be to head to a local travel agent to find out if there are any good deals available, packages and incentives. Some hotels are offering discounts and incentives to get people to travel again.<BR><BR>You also might try some of the websites on line like www.libertytravel.com. They have always done well by us, and we have used them several times.<BR><BR>You also might try www.where2stay.com for more info, pictures of places to stay and rates on and off season so you get an idea of what is out there.<BR><BR>A couple of hotels I know are offering incentives are on Harbour Island in the Bahamas Coral Sands and Romora Bay. www.romorabay.com for the website not sure if Coral Sands still has their website up.<BR><BR>Hope this helps a bit, have a great trip.<BR><BR>tweedy