Reload this Page >

Day cruises from Florida or Keys

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:10 AM
xxx

Will be vacationing in the Florida Keys. Thought about adding some time to the vacation and was wondering, are there short trips to any island (cruise or otherwise)? CAT boat? Any info would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Not necessarily looking to take a formal cruise!

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Andrzej

There is cat type ship that runs daily from Ft.Myers to Key West. I'm sure you could do it in reverse. The only problem I see, is that it runs to KW in the morning and returns in the evening, so you would have to spend a night at a hotel in Ft.Myers Beach, Sanibel or Captiva(both beautiful)Islands. If that's something you be interested in e-mail me([email protected]) and I'll try to find their number.

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:24 AM
jcd

Discovery Cruise lines runs a small cruise ship over to the Bahamas for a day trip.They are out of Ft. Lauderdale Port Everglades. We took this a few years ago and found the ships tour to be a waste of time. Next time would get a cab to a nice beach on paradise island. The cruise is about 4 hrs. each way.I think the time on the island is about 6 hrs. You can also stay overnite in a hotel and come back the next day.

Old May 16th, 2002, 10:24 AM
andrzej

Here's more info:<BR>www.xp2kw.com - That's the ship that is running once daily to KW now.<BR>www.fastcats.org - It's a new fast service that's setting up now to start service soon. I believe they will make 2 or 3 runs daily, so you could actually make a day trip to Ft.Myers.<BR>I hope this helps and good luck...

Old May 18th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Kim

These ships look like they are in bad condition.