Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Help in planning a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale

Jun 9th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

We are 4 fabulous, fun loving, female friends in our 50's looking to find a vacation that will have us enjoying each others' company. (I couldn't resist the alliteration - sorry ;-)). We decided on a cruise - for 3 or 4 days. I can't find one out of Ft. Lauderdale in November - am I not looking in the right place? I found some out of Miami - and Ft. Laud. is preferable.
Two of us would like a balcony room, while the other 2 will be fine doing an inside cabin. What cruiseline would you suggest for us?
Fodors has been so helpful on all my trips - great advise and tips.
Jun 10th, 2009, 04:03 AM

To gather information about cruises, I think the best website is www.cruisecritic.com
Jun 10th, 2009, 04:21 AM

I somnetimes find cruisecritic a little overwhelming in its abundance of info. It is perfect for details, though.

Most of the on-line travel agents (Expedia, Travelocity) have a cruise search function where you enter parameters such as departure port, length, dates - and they will give you a comprehensive list of cruises that match. The 3-4 day cruises I recall do leave from Miami - but if you have the time, don't exclude 4-6 nights, since I have seen ads for these at close to the same price as the shorter ones - and the ships are newer.
Jun 10th, 2009, 06:25 AM

Hi and I'm sure you will have a great time on a cruise...I know from experience having gone on 23 so far

I found one for you - it's a 4 day cruise and seems to be the only one out of Fort Lauderdale

Ship Name:Enchantment of the Seas from RCCL
Sailing Date(s):November 5, 19, 2009
Ports of Call: Departs From Ft. Lauderdale, Florida visiting Key West, Florida; Cozumel, Mexico

I found it following my own system on my website http://www.carib-cruises.com/cheap-cruises.html

If you do the steps I mention, you'll be able to see which cabins are available, at what price and you can book it online or on the phone (I don't sell cruises I just enjoy them!)

It also said there was a bonus of free gratuities but today is the last day for that.

Let me know if I can be of help

Lise
http://carib-cruises.com
http://photos.carib-cruises.com
Jun 10th, 2009, 08:34 AM

Go to cruise.com, click on "cruise port search" on top, on the left of the "go" button, then click on Ft Lauderdale on the map. You will get a calendar of cruises by month.
Jun 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

THANK YOU so much for your help - I've been away, and this is the first time I have had a chance to check. I will check out all the suggestions.