Reload this Page >

Ft Myers Beach accommodations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Scubadvr66

Hello! Can anyone suggest a few nice, decent-priced hotels/motels (under $120) for late June at Ft Myers Beach? Any experience with the BW Pink Shell? Thanks.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 10:44 AM
linda

Nice and Ft Meyers Beach don't belong in the same sentence. It's an armpit beach. Go to Vanderbilt or Sanibel.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Brian in Atlanta

We stayed at the other BW on FMB a couple years ago and liked it a lot. It's an older property w/ good size rooms, ocean front balconies and nice grounds. It's very much an old-style family hotel. I think we paid $99 a night for May. I'd stay there again in a second.

Best thing is it's only about a quarter mile from the "downtown" area, so we could park the car at night and forget it.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 07:41 PM
l

how old are you and what type of vacation are you looking for? Ft. Myers Beach isn't a luxury resort area. (trying to be polite), If you're looking for a good beer drinking time, where you can walk on the streets late at night and go to open bars/ restaurants and souvenir shops this could be fun. 20 years go, during college years FMB was a fun place to go. Now? Sanibel is better if you want a quiet, relaxing time.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 08:53 PM
linda

So sorry...I was feeling so passionate earlier I even misspelled Ft Myers. seriously- my parents lived there 20 yrs and I know the area. Ft Myers is a West coast Daytona, if not worse. The gulf coast is very nice, but Ft Myers Beach is a scum area,unless you like tattoos, t-shirt shops and motorcycle gangs. June is low season in FL- so the lowest will be at this beach. You'll get a get deal at Captiva, Sanibel or the Tampa/St Pete area. Please!!!!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 02:24 AM
gail

We stayed at Best Western Pink Shell about 4 years ago - they have since torn down the "cottages" close to the beach and rebuilt something else. Also major renovations in past year that I think are complete or close to - this from borchures they send us periodically since we are now on their mailing list.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Whoa. Now I've been to Daytona Beach and Ft. Myers Beach (as well as most other FLA beach areas) and calling Ft. Myers a "West Coast Daytona" is going way too far.

l ([email protected]) is closer to the truth. When we went, we were happy to sit on the beach during the day, do a little swiming, have a couple beers over an afternoon game of shuffleboard and then head into town to hit a few bars and have a casual dinner. I wouldn't send my parents there, but I'd go back for a relaxing, unpretentious long weekend anytime.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 10:29 AM
caroline

GO TO SANIBEL ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!