Search

Ft Myer's advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ft Myer's advice

Was reading some other posts and got the impression that Ft Myers has kind of gone downhill. I used to vacation there w/ my folks almost every year for spring break and Loooved it! After reading some critiques I am concerned about taking my hubby there next spring. Any thoughts on Ft Myers or other areas? Beachfront is a must!
Thanks, Cassidy
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 08:51 AM

Are you talking about Ft. Myers or Ft. Myers Beach -- two distinctly different areas and cities? Having owned a home and lived on Ft. Myers Beach in the early 70's I wouldn't say it has gone downhill -- it was never very upscale frankly. If you liked it as a kid, you'd probably still like it now -- it's just busier. It still has the usual beach type amusements, t-shirt shops and souvenir shops, and average, budget-type restaurants. There's no four or five star resort on the beach -- but there never was. Go to Naples for that. But Ft. Myers Beach is a low-key, but busy family type beach area.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Ft Myers Beach, sorry! That sounds exactly like I remember it. We used to stay at Bay to Beach Resort...it was pretty nice, far enough away from boardwalk to be calm, but a nice beach walk to the "hot spots". Is it still nice, or is there a better condo on the beach to check out?
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 11:23 AM

My sister and husband spend the month of January at Bay to Beach. They like it very much obviously. They are currently in the process of selling the units as individual condos so it will depend on how the owners care for their units. They have previously stayed at Pink Shell.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 11:26 AM

Ft Myers Beach is great...Very diverse..all ages covered. Great restaurants..excellent weather ESPECIALLY at spring break, beautiful beaches....ONLY drawback. Very crowded at spring break for dinner...plan ahead.