Search

Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, New Years Eve, 2004

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2004, 08:18 PM
jor
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, New Years Eve, 2004

Rave: The Bucket Woman, a.k.a. Aarnold. Is done hijacking my thread. Nobody likes a troll.

Rant: The eBay book I bought is 400 pages long.

Rave: Maybe I can sell all of my "baggage" on eBay. C

Rave: It hit 32 degrees for the first time in weeks.

Rant: My dog is all muddy again so I have to wash him down. ((&))
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 08:28 PM

Rant: Tsunamis

Rave: No tsunamis here

Rave: Almost 60 degrees here today...
...and no tsunamis

Rant: Mother Nature is so angry this
year

Old Dec 30th, 2004, 08:35 PM

Yay, jor!!

Rave: We are going to Paris in March.
Rave: We will see our son in Paris in March, then he will come home to visit

Rant: Tsunami .. too terrible for words.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 09:00 PM

Rave: the early bird catches the worm, and Jor has either stayed up late enough, or got up early enough to start the thread. Happy New Year, Jor.

Rant: No one "owns" this thread. First come, first serve. Step up or move aside.

Rave: To be accused of being others ("Aarnold") who also like to tweak you folks. This is my only U.S. pen-name, and Europe is the only other place I post but not as "The Bucket Woman". But as whom?

Rave: As much as I tweak you people, you have stepped to the front in your generosity to the aid to those victims of this most recent disaster. Bless you.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 09:20 PM

Yea! Jor got to start his FFR&R's \/

Rant: My "guaranteed by christmas" deliveries arrived late. How can it take 4 days for a product to get from So Cal to Las Vegas? Priority mail with Thuirsday (supposed) delivery to my parents in PA showed up on Monday. My oldest childhood friend's 3 day delivery sent to me Tuesday arrived a week later.

Rave: My oldest childhood friend's homemade cookies

Rant: Hubby works tomorrow night but will be there to drive him if need be... worried about drunk drivers

Rant: cousin had to have emergency gall bladder surgery Christmas eve/day. It's the first christmas hubby has had off in 6 years and we still spent it in a hospital anyways

Rave: cousin is doing fine and it was a joy taking care of a loved one

Rant: The horrible events following the tsunamis. I know a lot has written about it here, I hope Americans can be as generous as we were with 9/11 donations. One feels so helpless at times like this.

A look to the future....

Rave: Will be heading to the Big Apple next Friday

Travelinwifey & family wishes everyone a warm, happy, and prosperous New Year...

Thanks to everyone for their informative posts, I learn so much, and another rave, I think Scarlett's stalker is gone....=D>

Peace, safety, and happiness in 2004 for all
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 09:26 PM
bonniebroad

RAVE: The generosity of good people who are doing all they can to help the victims (and their families) of the tsunami!

RANT: The devastation suffered by all those poor people.

RAVE: Christmas miracles do happen in your life, when you least expect them.

RAVE: Going into 2005 34 pounds lighter... JOY! Onward and "downward!"

RAVE: All the citizens of Fodorville! Bless you, everyone, in the New Year, and thank you for your friendship in the past year.

Old Dec 30th, 2004, 09:30 PM

Bonniebroad, I also wanted to congratulate you on the continued weight loss.... how you managed to stay on track during the holidays is beyond me You rule!
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 09:46 PM

Rave: jor's FFR&R for the past three years.

Rant, Trolls

Rave: We started planning our vacation last month and bought our tickets to Paris yesterday!!! First time for the both of us.

Rant: Our daughter is/was dating a man who has little repect for people around him.

Rave: He is moving back to Ohio after he graduates in May.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 10:15 PM

Rave: All the generous posters on Fodors that care what happens to others in the world.

Rant: All the sorrow in the world.

Rave: The beautiful Christmas with my family

Rant: My laptop is acting up. Hope it does not crash as it did this summer. I say with fingers crossed.

Rave: All the fun threads that have appeared this week from years past. A good laugh is needed for sure.

Happy New Years dear ones. May 2005 see all your dreams come true. My best wishes to all.
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 11:26 PM

Rant: The tsunamis and all their power and destruction.

Rant: The sadness and death caused by nature.

Rave: The generous, caring posters who send big hugs at a very difficult times.

Rant: The nasty trolls who specifically target individuals. Call me naive, but I don't get it.

Rave: The funny and helpful posters--and those who realize this is a community brought together by the love of travel yet so much more!

Rave: Bonnie, my dieting idol! Can I hire you as my coach? LOL

To those who had difficult times in 2004, many wishes for a better 2005 and for those who didn't: let the good times roll!

As the recipient of more than a few hugs this year, I thank you and send (h) of my own!

Old Dec 30th, 2004, 11:27 PM

Rant: I obviously don't know how to hug!

Take two:
Old Dec 30th, 2004, 11:29 PM

Ooops, I messed up again...Anyway, you guys know what I mean.

XOXO!

Or as Muffin would say, "Smooches"
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 04:34 AM

Rant: It is New Years eve and I have a cold.

Rave: I leave for Maui in 9 days!!

Rant: The tragic Tsunami

Rave: I leave for Maui in 9 days!!

Can you tell I am excited??

Happy New Year!! AAACHOOO!!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 04:36 AM

Bucket woman? What gives, jor?

Rave: I opened my wallet for the tsunami relief, anyone else? Bless them all. Those numbers are staggering.

Rave: This board needs me. Without me it is a bore and there is no denying it is more fun with me around. I'll continue making everone here think and learn something.
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 04:44 AM

Rave: Only 2.25 hours until I leave the office for the day. \/

Rant: Hubby has to work until 11 p.m. on New Year's Eve. :-S

Rave: At least he gets off before midnight so we can still celebrate!

Rant: The devestation in Asia. My heart breaks for all those affected.

Rave: The way the world is coming together again in the face of tragedy and helping one another. =D>

Rave: Looking forward to a wonderful 2005, and wishing all my Fordorite friends the same. ><

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 04:55 AM
emd

Rave: The people on the Asia board here who convinced me I could take my 14 yr old son to Japan. They have stuck w/us every step of the way, from how to secure FF tickets for the trip, what seats to book on a 747 plane for the 16 hr trip, where to go, how to get around, and everything in btwn. BLESS THEM ALL... including mrwunrfl, KimJapan, lcuy, Florence, kuranosuke, kappa, and everyone who has ever posted a Japan trip report, because I have read every one of them going back 3 years.

Rave: only 10 more wks til the Japan trip

Rave: Everyone on the U.S. board who helped plan my NYC and Utah trips this year. Esp. Howard, mclaurie, and Patrick (for NYC) and utahtea.

Rave: I love this board. The people here do things no one person, no book, no travel agent, no static online site can do. There is alot of positive empowerment going on here regarding travel but also just human goodness (OneWanderingJew and lilmsfoodie come to mind). Just let the other silliness drift by when it shows up and concentrate on the good.

Rave: The money raised in the last few days. Americans do not just think of themselves.

rave: jor doesn't have to mow his yard when it is below 32 degrees.

rave: I got my first happy new yr. email from someone on this board this morning.

Happy 2005 to all of you!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 05:00 AM

Rave: The caring and warm community that makes up much of this board.
Rant: The individuals who seem uncomfortable about that and want to sabotage it. Note to them: that doesn't usually work.
Rave: In less than 24 hours, my sweetie and I will be able to say "THIS year we're moving to British Columbia!"
Rave: My sweetie is back after 2 weeks visiting his parents in BC.
Happy New Year, Everybody!!!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 05:08 AM

Rant: weather is kind of googily for the FLL's downtown celebration tonight...hope it clears up! Rave: generous people donating to Tsunami relief. Rant: Mother Nature can trump us all!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 05:10 AM

Rave: The helpful, kind people who are willing to share their knowledge and experiences freely with others.

Rant: Natural disasters!

Rave: People who step up to help individuals not only in the most public of difficult times, but also those who help others who suffer quietly in the most deplorable circumstances on a day-to-day basis.

Hearts filled with such caring and love exist all around the world and for that I am thankful.

Rave: My family ~ I adore them

Wishing everyone in Fodorville a wonderful and safe New Year with exciting adventures and indelible memories in 2005!
Old Dec 31st, 2004, 05:14 AM

Happy New Year to All,

With all the devastation in Asia, I feel it would trivialize it to call it merely a rant or a rave. The disaster is unfathomable and it will certainly take years for these regions to recover. It is unfortunate that epic disasters like these seem to be one of the rare instances where the world collectively gets a chance to exercise "the better angels of our nature." I hope this time that pledges are kept and grand pronouncements of what we are prepared to do will match what we ultimately do.

Rave: Threads that can go off on a tangent or are unrelated to travel are by far some of the most interesting.

Rant: The "forum cops" who seem to have the need to remind everyone of the rules. In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter if it goes off topic or isn't on the "other topics" forum?

Rave: My family all being together for the holidays.

May 2005 be a healthy and happy new year for everyone. (Including that one guy who on several occassions decided to launch personal attacks directed at me.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -