four seasons maui

Old Apr 6th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

four seasons maui

Hello,

I am planning a trip to the Four Seasons Maui over Thanksgiving 2007. We currently have two Ocean View Prime rooms. Has anyone stayed in this category? How are the rooms versus just the "Ocean View"? Is it worth the price?

Also, is the renovation complete? Any other thoughts or tips on the hotel as a whole?

Thank you,

Bob
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 10:34 AM

Well, I was hoping someone would give you some more updated info, but I'll provide my 2 cents. We had OV Prime rooms and thoroughly enjoyed them. Thought they were worth the price. Had no complaints (except for one incident which was handled very well by the manager). We have not stayed in the OV rooms so I can't compare.

Overall the hotel was a wonderful experience. Very attentive staff; good restaurants and great setting. Loved the sunsets on the patio. Wouldn't hesitate to go back - and definitely plan to.

Sorry, but I don't know if the renovations are completed. My only tip would be to let management know if things aren't up to 4S standards - their response is immediate and very satisfactory (as you would hope and expect).
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM

The renovations were underway in March. Don't know when they will be completed.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 12:08 PM

We are going in late June-July and I emailed the hotel back in January and requested a renovated room. Someone from the hotel emailed back and wrote that all rooms would be renovated by early June.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

dfr4848,

Thanks for your comments. They also said they were in a much better location regarding elevators, access to pools, beach, etc. Any other recommendations on activities, etc. at the hotel?
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Just got back from FS. Had a partial ocean view room, and it was great, so I imagine yours will be even better. Ours was slanted to the ocean, I think yours faces it head on. Higher floors are probabably better. Our room was renovated and was super. Ipod docking station, flat screen tv, very nice bedding, and a soft mattress. Bathroom solid marble. Loved the after sun lotion in the bathroom (still using it to try to stop the peeling!!!)

Tips:
1) have someone from your party get out by 7 to reserve the best cabana. We loved the ones facing the ocean. I usually headed out around seven and then just drank the free coffee and read a book-- great!
2) Snorkeling to the left of the hotel is very good...lots of turtles!
3) Drinks and appetizers at the lobby lounge were very nice, some of my favorite memories of the hotel were there....
3) Reserve any dinner plans before you go, so you can get a 6 or 6:30 reservation...They have a remodeled restaurant called Duo, which focuses more on steak and seafood -- We didn't try it, but it looked nice, at least!
4) They have very nice local artists presenting their art each day, we got some nice photgraphs...
I can't see anyway you won't enjoy it-- the entire hotel has been renovated, and everything looks fabulous, and the service can't be beat.