Mountainside Rooms at Four Seasons Maui

Old Sep 27th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mountainside Rooms at Four Seasons Maui

Hi,

Any firsthand experience with this room category? I've read opinions ranging from "great value" to "depressing". Just trying to get a more complete picture. Thanks.

-Bill
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 05:41 PM

Bill -- We are looking into this ourselves.....

We got a great fare to Big Island for next August, so we may be doing Maui, too. There was a trip report from last year from "stever" that had a good review of the Mountainside room. Also, if you do a search on Trip Advisor search on their forums, you'll find tons of info. They have very busy boards.

From what I have gathered, if you want to experience the Four Seasons, most people's attitudes is that it's a great resort with lots of excellent amenities, and most people don't spend that much time in their room anyways.

When are you planning on going?
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

We're going to Maui in mid February. Not sure whether we are ready for the Four Seasons plunge or not. I usually stay away from that sort of scene, but it is for a special occassion, so it might be fun to do something different.

-Bill
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 05:16 AM

The mountainside rooms are decorated the same as the other rooms and you get the same amenities as any other category.

I must tell you that you will be right over a noisy parking lot and a huge construction project across the street. It is a very noisy location, but if you don't mind that then you will be ok. You still have the grounds and everything else on the property to enjoy. We booked this category the first time we visited there. We didn't care for it and moved to an ocean view. With the prices they are charging this might be a very good bet for you. We stayed there for five nights earlier this month. You can't even tell that it is undergoing an extensive renovation. We are from the east coast so we were up at 3:00 AM. We would sit in the lobby at about 5:00 having coffee they put out for the people visiting Haleakula. It was so peaceful and quiet.

I must say that most of the people we saw while we were there were staying in the gardens or mountain views. It's a bargain and a half if you don't mind not really having a view.