Search

Fort Worth

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fort Worth

I plan to fly to Fort Worth arriving noon 06/07/12 and leaving afternoon 06/09/12. where I wish to visit Sundance Square/ Kimbel Art Museum and of course the Stockyards..I will be there on a Sat so plan to do the rodeo. Can anyone recommend an accommodation (This is only a small part of a 7 week trip so I really need budget to mid-range) Is there a place to stay that is in the middle of these 3 tourist sights and can I/what is the walking distance between these?
Thanks for your time
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 05:40 AM

Perhaps this will help:

Sundance Square is located in the center of downtown Fort Worth. It's a vibrant area with shops and lots of hotels, restaurants, bars and nightclubs plus a multiplex movie thither and a performing arts center all within a few blocks of each other.

The Kimbel Arts Museum is located about a 5 to 7 minute ride (west) from Sundance Square. It's in the area known as the cultural district where there are several there museums all within walking distance of each other.

The Stockyards are located on the north side of Fort Worth about the same distance driving distance (7 minutes) from Sundance Square.

So, your best bet would be to stay in the Sundance Square area if it fits your budget as that's the most centrally located to the three areas you want to visit - look at Embassy Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, the Hilton (all of which are within a block or two of Sundance Square) or the Sheraton, Holiday Inn Express or Residence Inn by Marriott (all of which are located at the "edge" of the downtown area about 10 to 15 blocks from Sundance Square).

If those places are above your budget, your next best area would be the Courtyard by Marriott or any of the there "chain hotels" on University Blvd (near Texas Christian University) which is not too far from the Cultural District. I'd avoid staying near the Stockyards as it's not the best area to use as a base when exploring Fort Worth.
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Excellent.. thanks so much for that information, it is a big help. Sundance Square it will be then
As I won't have a car is it easy to catch buses to each of the other districts?
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 09:54 AM
yk

Here is the Fort Worth bus map
http://www.the-t.com/MapsSchedules/S...4/Default.aspx

You can reach Kimbell Museum via Bus no.7
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Depending on time of day you should at the very least triple the travel times I mentioned in my earlier post of you plan on taking the bus plus don't forget to factor in waiting for the bus to arrive at your pickup spot.
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Why won't you have a car? Texas is not public transportation friendly in any city (and the best is Dallas), and FW is no exception. Reconsider that concept or be ready to take lots of cabs. Buses are infrequent and can have questionable reliability. Texas is car culture - spread-out cities abound. FW is no exception, even with Sundance Square in the center of town.
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM

Sundance Square is the perfect place to stay. Call Etta's Place 817-255-5760 a 10 bedroom bed and breakfast inn right there in the middle of it all and make your reservation. Public transportation in Fort Worth is very easy and the staff at the inn can help point you in all the right directions. www.ettas-place.com Hurry before they get all booked up!
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 02:00 PM

The Residence Inn Cultural District is a great place to stay. Lovely hotel with a complimentary shuttle within a five mile radius. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ural-district/
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your replies will check out both accoms and think of car hire. I haven't been to US before and am worried about drin=ving on the wrong side of the road.
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 09:11 AM

I second Etta's Place!!!