Search

Chattanooga hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chattanooga hotel

Which is the best for the Women's 2005 NCAA Basketball Mideast Regional to be played at the UTC McKenzie Arena :Marriott Chattanooga Convention Center or Holiday Inn Choo-Choo? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 04:04 AM
iceeu2

Marriott

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 05:09 AM
jw

I would second the Marriott. There are several other hotels in the downtown area that I might pick over the Marriott if you are interested.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 06:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi we stayed in chattanooga last summer. The Holiday Inn looks worn and tired. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. I don't know the proximity to the convention center, but we walked to a AAA baseball game, the aquarium and around restaurants and a movie theater. It was a clean hotel with a nice breakfast. It is only about two years old. I would stay here again.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 07:57 AM
jw

I was going to suggest the Hilton Garden Inn. There is also a Courtyard by Marriott a block away from the Hilton that is right across the street from the Aquarium. McKenzie Arena is on the UTC campus. Any of the downtown hotels are only about 5 minutes away.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 09:00 AM

The Chattanoogan hotel would be my first choice, and the Holiday Inn Choo-Choo would be my last choice. The Marriott would fall in between.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Is the Hilton Garden Inn nicer than the Marriott? I have been to the aquarium,so proximity to it is not necessary. I would like to be near restaurants, bars, etc.,as well as close to McKenzie Arena. Thanks for all advice, thus far, plus any more would be great. Also....I'd like to have a hotel with room service.(preferably 24 hour service)
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 11:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I can't compare the Hilton with the Marriott, but the Hilton was very nice. Since it is a newer property, everything was in good shape. They have breakfast, but I do not think they have room service. The area surrounding the Hilton seemed safe and you are in close proximity to restaurants and theater, etc...We walked up a hill and saw the AAA baseball game. It felt like I was watching the real small town baseball. It was nice.
I am sure the price is reasonable also.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 12:35 PM
jw

The Hilton and Courtyard area is really better as far as being close to the restaurants and bars, but their is a free shuttle bus downtown that picks up at the marriott too, so you can still get around pretty good from there. The first 2 would be a little closer for the arena. Not sure about room service.