Fort Myers or Fort Lauderdale hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are looking to do a last minute vacation to escape the terrible winter we've had in the Midwest this year. We'll be bringing our 2 yr old with us so are thinking of a family-friendly, laid back beach location. Ideally - the hotel would have a kitchenette / full kitchen. Any recommendations for the Fort Myers or Fort Lauderdale hotels? We'd be open to condos as well and are max amount would be around $300/day. We just know space is limited so late in the season.

Thanks!
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 12:13 PM

On several occasions we arranged for my daughter and granddaughter (now 6) to stay at Silver Sands Villas on Fort Myers Beach. It's across from the beach and within very easy walking distance of Times Square and its restaurants. Each villa has a kitchenette. There is a very pleasant pool as well as a washer/dryer that you can use. We found it convenient with a baby/toddler as we could return to the "villa" in a couple of minutes from anywhere. The staff were good and I think the cost was about $200 a night in season. They also had a crib that we borrowed. silversands-villas.com
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Susan Margaret. I did check that property and unfortunately they only have 2 days in a row that's available for my week. Any other suggestions?

Getting a little nervous that I'm not going to find something that we'll like...
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

I'm now leaning towards Fort Lauderdale as the weather will be warmer.

I'm looking at these 3 hotels: Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach, Atlantic Hotel and Marriott Harbor Beach. I like the fact that the Hilton and the Atlantic each has a kitchenette. Would appreciate any feedback about which one has the best location (convenient beach access, walking distance to restaurants) and kid-friend. Thanks!
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 06:23 PM

Sorry, no other ideas for FMB - Silver Sands is the only one I know. I hope you find the perfect spot. SM
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 06:55 PM

"I'm now leaning towards Fort Lauderdale as the weather will be warmer."

Really? Do you have that in writing?
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 07:29 PM

Sanibel Harbor Marriot?
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 09:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Of the three hotels, the Marriott Harbor Beach would be the farthest walk from the so-called "center of action" on the beach.

The Hilton and Atlantic both face the beach and are across the street from the beach; the Harbor Beach is ON the beach.
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 08:33 AM

In Fort Meyers Beach, check out The Royal Beach Club. I stayed there many years ago and it was nice. I just looked at the website and it appears that they have done some remodeling.

The complex is partially timeshare units and some independently owned units. All are condos. I was able to just rent a unit. It is directly on the beach and less than a block from the pier.