For men only - skin care question

Mar 12th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

For men only - skin care question

On every trip regardless what continent, country, city or National Park we visit my skin gets extremely dried. I don't have this problem at home. Can someone recommend moisturize that works on your dry skin? Thanks
Mar 12th, 2005, 09:35 AM

Neutrogena Body Emulsion
Mar 12th, 2005, 09:53 AM

Just tough it out earlxx, moisturizer is for girls.
Mar 12th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Here's my suggestion.

Change the title of you post to for WOWEN ONLY!

I doubt there's any guy on here that would know more about skin care than a woman.
Mar 12th, 2005, 09:56 AM
GoTravel

Mr.GoTravel swears by Kiehls for men. He also shaves with Kiehls shaving creme.

Mar 12th, 2005, 09:57 AM

The first thing that popped into my mind was "girly men" per Ahnald. Sorry. Actually, there are a lot of products out there...check the drug store..lots of products actually designed for men these days....dry skin can be very uncomfortable and no need for you to suffer.
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:09 AM

I've used M lotion by Clinique for men every morning on my face for years. Few people would guess from my skin that I'm actually 97.

Seriously it is very good, and doesn't smell!
For other parts of the body that dry out -- particularly my feet -- hard to beat Vaseline Intensive Care.

Living in Florida, we seem to have plenty of moisture in the air -- but I dry out instantly in most other climates.

By the way, I feel sorry for people who are so insecure about their masculinity that discussions of men's moisturizer make them flinch and they try to make jokes about it.
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:46 AM

Use the stuff on the sink in the bathroom at your hotel, if it is an occaisional problem when you travel. That lotion is non-medicated, which is good, and generally has a neutral scent. Free and travel-sized so that can collect a couple of bottles to take one with you on your next trip.

It was a joke, Patrick, as you understood. No need for you to be insulting.
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:51 AM

Do what my husband does....use your wife's stuff!

My husband actually goes for spa treatments, massage, manicures and pedicures. He just loves that stuff. It started when we were on vacation a few years ago and we had some rainy weather. There was nothing to do but go to the spa. I have created a monster!
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:57 AM

Lubriderm fragrance-free. It's cheap, doesn't smell, and works great.

Mar 12th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

LOL! I expected some of you give me this type of answers. Thank you for a number of interesting suggestions.
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:29 AM
dcespedes

lol, Patrick!

Guessing by the smell of him most weekends I would say my husband prefers motor oil ;-)

Mar 12th, 2005, 11:39 AM

Your skin is your largest organ, and you are wise to want to take good care of it.

Vaseline Intensive Care is cheap too, but the product I recommended earlier absorbs into the skin and in a way that isn't greasy.
Mar 12th, 2005, 02:11 PM

I can't keep my husband out of my expensive stuff, either.

When he's not using mine, however, he likes Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion with SPF 15. Nivea for men is another he says works well.
Mar 12th, 2005, 02:22 PM

I have known lots of men that finally got sensible and starting using sunscreen, skin moisturizers, cream on their hands etc.

Just saw one of our judges getting a pedicure the other day. Why not?

One of our dearfriends who owned a service station kept handcream in his desk drawer as his fingers and hands got terribly chapped during the winter months.

earlxx, if you live near a department store I would suggest that you check with the men's department that is always a section of the cosmetic dept. They will have sale assistants there that can direct you to products that will help with your particular problem.

I think my late DH ended up liking Clinque the best as Patrick does. DH spent lots of time in the sun, boating, golfing, gardening etc. so he finally decided he needed "something".

There are tons of mens products out there, but that does add to the confusion. We women go through the same quandry as to what to buy.
Mar 12th, 2005, 03:36 PM

Lab Series for Men and Neutrogena Moisture SPF 15.
-Bill
Mar 12th, 2005, 04:51 PM

Metrosexual alert!

My hubby isn't secure about his feminine side. He uses hand lotion on his face. Whatever.....
Mar 12th, 2005, 07:18 PM
jetset1

I can't resist.. ever see the "hair gel" scene from "Something about Mary"?

Search this Thread