Search

Florida trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:06 PM
granniem

Florida trip

We are taking the Autotrain to Florida. We are staying at a Marriot pre train in Va. We are staying on the Universal property in Orlando. Staying at a Courtyard in Tamarac, BUT not sure about where we are staying in Cocoa Beach. We want to stay at the Hampton Inn or a Courtyard because we were told they have ocean facing balony room.

Can anyone help us with this last leg of our trip......all I want to see is the sun come up over the Atlantic.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Old Mar 29th, 2007, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about the Ron Jon Resort? Never been there but it looks pretty nice on the site.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Doubletree! I heard the Ron Jon place is built around a parking garage so there is an annoying element to it all...noisy & smelly.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Why are you staying in Tamarac. That's in Northern Broward County near the Palm Beach line.

Wouldn't you rather stay further South in the South Beach area? That's a difference of about 30-40 miles.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 02:08 PM
nlg

I would recommend the Resort on Cocoa
Beach. We had an oceanfront condo with
two bedrooms-great view of the ocean.
The price is comparable to a hotel.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 05:07 PM

The Courtyard and the Hampton share the parking lot. Every room above floor three at the Hampton has a pretty good ocean view. Very few rooms at the Courtyard have ocean view at all. Typically the Hampton has better rates. I am a frequent guest at both and don't much like the staff at the Courtyard.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:31 AM
granniem

Myer, the stay in Tamarac is the main reason for coming to Floida. My son and DIL are having their first child, my first grand daughter the 3rd of June. We are going to Universal in Orlando first. Going to visit the baby and then going to stay for 3 nights to watch the sun come up on the ocean. So Tamarac is the most important.

Thanks for your help.