Florida Beach Vacations

Old Feb 6th, 2020, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Florida Beach Vacations

Looking at trip to Florida and looking for ya alls opinions on 3 different areas. Were in late 60’s and love beautiful beach’s water and scenery. Thinking possibly the St. Augustine area, Florida Keys or Siesta Key are my choices. Best place to fly into the keys, and suggestions where to stay need a great beach.

We do like bit of bike riding and walking. Probably be gone a week to 10 days.
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 09:08 AM

The Florida Keys are not known for beautiful beaches. I'd personally lean toward Siesta Key (although I haven't been there, I've been in many places on the west coast, and think the beaches are fabulous).
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 10:31 AM

Out of those three choices the only really beautiful beach is Siesta Key. I don't know what time of year you are thinking of going but it gets really crowded. Don't miss the Marie Selby Botanical Garden in Sarasota. There are beautiful beaches in the Panhandle but it's hard to recommend without knowing time of year.
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 09:51 AM

Siesta Key is gorgeous. We stay at the Tropical Breeze Resort and love it. You can walk to everything. Love the Bonjour French Cafe for breakfast and lunch. And in Sarasota don'r miss the Ringling Museum and Circus Museum and a tour of their house.
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Looking to travel mid March. Does the Keys have pretty scenery in spite of no beaches per say.?
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Looking to travel mid March. Does the Keys have pretty scenery in spite of no beaches per say.?
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 02:40 PM

The Keys are gorgeous and I would pick them over any beach area. I would stay in Key West and definitely do some snorkeling.
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 03:17 PM

Higgs beach is nice in Key West and then you have the fab restaurants, all walkable and those great sunset cruises. St Augustine is great also. Ocean and a quick trip across the bridge for dining, shopping and arts. Good beachside hotels and airbnb.
Old Feb 10th, 2020, 10:01 AM

If you want beautiful beaches, water and scenery forget about St. Augustine, it is known for the historical city not the beaches. I would recommend looking to the gulf coast for best beaches and water. My favorite beaches are Clearwater, Treasure Isand, St. Pete Beach, Anna Maria Island, and Marco Island. These are from North to South. My absolute fav beach is Anna Maria Island.
Old Feb 11th, 2020, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou all. Still thinking and researching. Read where a traveler loved the Island Resort in Islamorada FL. Looks gorgeous but so expensive. Any other recommendations ther maybe around 2-250 a night. And would it make sense to fly into Miami stay in Islamorada even a few nites then down to keys. Must have beach.

And who ever recommended Amelia Island, how does it compare to Sanible Island. We went there for years. Love the comments so helpful.
Old Feb 11th, 2020, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Where do you stay? Can you compare it to Sanible Island.