Search

Float trip - Page

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Float trip - Page

Many posts about how good the float trip is from Page. Pics look gorgeous, but I honestly worry that 3 plus hours on a float trip will get a bit boring. Is the scenery changing a lot, is there lots to see? We will be going there for the Slot canyon tour also.
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 10:51 AM

I guess you are talking about the actual time on the raft, because there is the bus trip down to the base of the dam which is very interesting and then the bus ride back to Page, AZ which is scenic too.

On the float trip, there is one stop for about 1/2 hour for a pit stop and the short hike to petroglyphs. When we did the trip, they also stopped to gather all the rafts together, tell stories and sing a couple of songs which was a lot of fun. The guide will also be talking and telling you all kinds of interesting stories and fun facts. I thought the time flew by.

Utahtea
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 05:19 PM

utahtea,

can you please provide specifics for this particular float trip? Maybe a link or a phone number?
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Yes, the scenery does change, although I guess a lot of it is somewhat similar. It is so gorgeous, though, I think you'd have to have a pretty low boredom threshold to get tired of it! Our guide stopped the boat frequently to point our all sorts of interesting things, and gave us a lot of fascinating commentary about history, wildlife, plants, etc. I will say that when we got to Lee's Ferry, I was disappointed
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 07:38 PM

Sorry, I accidentally posted before I was done. I started to say, I was disappointed that we were done with the trip so soon, it seemed to fly by, for me - so I definitely didn't find it boring!
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM
kealalani

It's been 15 years, but we LOVED it. When the green and the red water flows side by side - well that is something!

Old Jun 28th, 2007, 05:51 PM

We loved the float trip when we did it last fall. It is done through a different operator now and I believe the guides are all different which is a shame since ours was so good. The stop to see the petroglypghs was about 1/2 hour and was very interesting. I thought it was well worth it.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 04:19 PM

We did seven days on the Colorado from Lees Ferry to Lava Falls a few years ago, and, when we had an unscheduled day in Page recently we thought the float trip might be too "tame" but it was great. I would recommend it, as well as a visit to Antelope Canyon, also near Page.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 06:28 PM

We also loved the float trip. Ours was a special 5-hour trip and even then, it was too short!