Flamingo Las Vegas-Cabana Rentals....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,I was wondering if anyone has rented a Cabana at the Flamingo in Lag Vegas?? I see on their website that they go for anywhere from $150-200 per day! Wow,Are they worth it?? Has anybody rented one? At this hotel or any other? Just wondering how they are and if they are worth the price??(wow!)
Debbie
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

OK,I've never heard of Lag Vegas...but I think it's suppose to be Las Vegas!!
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Anybody even seen a cabana at the Flamingo??
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 02:06 AM

Debden - I was thinking the same thing when I read this post - we were at Flamingo last August - did not see anything resembling a cabana.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:50 AM

The Flamingo has a great pool area with lots of trees, nooks, crannies. If it is shade that you want, you can find it.

No way I would pay that kind of money for a Cabana...course I wouldn't pay any money for a cabana at any location.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:58 AM

The cabanas are by the smaller of the pools--not the ones connected by the lazy river. Not sure whether you have to have a cabana rental to use that pool.

We were at the Flamingo last month, and let me tell you the pool is a MADHOUSE. If you're not down there by 9 am or so you can forget finding a chair or even somewhere to sit. Children everywhere.

If you've got a group of people and want some serious pool time, with a waitress and misters and everything, it might not be a bad idea.
YMMV,
Racy
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 12:26 PM

There is a smaller pool, up the hill, behind the pool near the outdoor restaurant that has cabanas. It looked crowded, but not like the main pool. It was shaded and there were four large cabanas there. There seemed to be less kids in that pool as well.
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 12:30 PM

You didn't ask, but be sure you ask for one of the renovated rooms. We were there for a national volleyball tournament in February and some of the girls on my daughter's team had an "old" room and it was not nice. My DH and I had one of the "new" rooms and it was very nice.
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 02:01 PM

Debden, I can't speak for how the Flamingo handles the cabanas, but we're staying at the MGM next week and have called to "reserve" a cabana. Its $150 per day during the week. We won't actually know if we GET the cabana or not until the morning of the day we've requested it. (they put you on a wait list... I'm guessing if there's a high dollar gambler who wants one, she'd get it before we would). They call your room between 8 and 9 to confirm it. It sounds awesome.... cabana boy to bring you drinks all day, little fridge with water, fresh fruit basket, fan, TV and includes rental of tubes for the lazy river. Its a total extravagance, but we're trying for it anyway.

I"ll let you know when we get home if it was "worth it", but I suspect in the kind of heat we'll have there, I'll be thankful for the shade and the fan! ANd what fun to have your very own cabana boy! smile
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Wow,Thank you all for your input!Since this is our first trip to Vegas it's so great to get so many responses!I try to make a mental note of everyones suggestions and comments.Jayne,We are staying at the Flamingo and we did put in for a renovated room,on a high floor,with a view of the Strip.Don't know that we'll get our requests but it sure doesn't hurt to try!!
They never really showed the Cabanas on their website so I was curious what made them so special.They sound great!
mwessel,Can't wait to read your review of the Cabanas at the MGM Grand when you get back! Sounds like your gonna get spoiled!!
Debbie