Young Couple going to Vegas

Jan 4th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Young Couple going to Vegas

We are a brazilian couple on our late 20s going to Vegas in March.

1) We are not planning to spend that much money so I have been searching for good deals and found attractive values at Flamingo and Planet Hollywood. Which one would you recommend? I have stayed at Excalibur 5 years ago and it was ok ( if you consider the low rates) but did not like the location that much.

2) We are staying for 4 nights and so far I have pre selected 2 shows: Cirque du Soleil " O" and Terry Factor ( The ventriloquist). I have seen many many good comments on "O" in the forum but never seen anyone mentioning Terry Factor which scares me a bit.

Thank you for your help!
Jan 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM

Planet Hollywood is a newer and trendier hotel. (Geared toward younger people.) The Flamingo (IMO) is a bit worn around the edges. The Flamingo is closer (easier access to Harrah's, Venetia, Mirage.

Terry Factor is extremely talented - amazing what he can do with his voice! Have not seen his Vegas Show but have seen him where we live. (Even my husband - who doesn't care for "shows" enjoyed it.)
Jan 4th, 2010, 07:32 PM

Terry Fator's show is amazing. There's a good reason why he was offered the most lucrative contract ever in Las Vegas. You can probably find clips of his act on YouTube, his web page, etc.

It you want to economize, have consider staying at Bill's. It's just fine, the location could not be more convenient (and central). We really enjoyed that place.
Jan 5th, 2010, 05:20 AM

The Flamingo is a better location but neither is young and hip.

The pool scene at The Hardrock Hotel is probably the best in town. I think the admission fee is $25 per person. If you like to party and dance, do not miss this.
Jan 5th, 2010, 09:03 AM

As another poster mentioned, the guys name is "Terry Fator".

Curious
Jan 5th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Guys,

Thank you for the kind replies!