Search

Flamingo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:11 PM
agoosebyrd

Flamingo

HELP...What is the Flamingo-Las Vegas like? Do you share the pool with the wildlife habitat????

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:44 PM
yuck

Dump

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:16 PM
x

it`s no Bellagio but I like it...and would go back..if you can get an upper floorw/a view of the strip it`s even better.....yes on the wildlife but they won`t bother you....join their wbste and get specals mailed to you..$45 for April

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:04 AM
thereuare

It's not the Bellagio, but it's also not the Imperial Palace.

It's an excellent choice if looking for one of the best values on the strip.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:28 AM
cc

Just wanted to jump in and say that several days ago Bally's offered $47/night midweek if you pay w/AmEx card. This is what I booked for May. But you have to call the hotel directly.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 12:59 PM
shees47

We stayed at the Flamingo March 2001. Our king room was clean, large and our window was on the south side so we could see Bellagio's fountains. Too cold for the pool but it was very nice, tropical landscaping and yes, there are flamingos and other animals. We would stay there again.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 03:50 PM
lee

Staye athe the Flamingo three months ago, just before xmas. The room was only 40 per night. I slipped the front desk clerk a 20 and she put us on the top floor looking directly at the Ceasars Palace fountain. Very nice. I loved the place but even though we were in a no smoking room and floor you could still smell smoke through the ventilation system. If you are real sensitive to smoke it may be a problem, otherwise the place is great.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 07:25 PM
Ron Dorn

It's a total shithole. I stayed there two weeks ago and was astonished at how far this place has fallen in the past five years. I used to stay here every couple of years, but I will wait until they refurbish it before returning--no matter how low the rate. I saved a few bucks staying there this time, but I felt dirty after the stay. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:32 AM
xx

We stayed at the Flamingo last summer and being a Hilton owned property we were expecting something really great but were kind of disappointed. It was nothing fancy, just an average hotel room. The pool area was fabulous though.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:52 AM
Mary

We stayed at the flamingo last June and had a really nice room in the tower facing the pool. We thought it was nice and the kids loved the pool area.
The flamingos are in their own area not
just walking around by the pool you swim in. I did not think it was a dump
at all.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:07 AM
Jackie

Why would the fact that Hilton owns a property make it outstanding?
Hilton owns and operates a huge variety of hotels, some no better than a decent EconoLodge.
Hilton is never highly rated anymore as a chain. It has fallen far below Hyatt, Marriott, Westin, etc.
In fact, there aren't even many jewels at all left in the Hilton chain.