first trip to Outer Banks - good guide book?

Oct 18th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

first trip to Outer Banks - good guide book?

We're considering the Outer Banks for a week at the beach in Summer 2008. We usually go south to Myrtle Beach, but are interested in exploring the Outer Banks area. What good guide book(s) would you recommend for a family trip to the Outer Banks?
Oct 18th, 2007, 05:15 AM

We've been vacationing on the OBX for years. I strongly suggest you take a look at www.obxconnection.com
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM

I like The Insider's Guide To The Outer Banks. It is revised on a regular basis and is very informative and accurate. Make sure to get the latest edition.
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
iw

I don't have a book, but you can't go wrong there. I love the Duck/Corolla area as well as, Kitty Hawk and Nags Head. In Nags Head the popular milepost points are 2-16. The northern end (Duck and Corolla) are quieter and the house rentals can be $$. Avon and Hatteras are nice and somewhat quieter, as well.
Having been to Myrtle many times, I think that you will find the OBX to be a refreshing change.
Good luck!
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM

Pocohontas, not too long ago there was a very similar thread that contained all the info that you are looking for.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:33 AM

Is it really too difficult to go to a bookstore/library and find a book about the Outer Banks??????????

Curious