Favorite North Fork Restaurant for Dinner

Aug 10th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Favorite North Fork Restaurant for Dinner

We're going out to the North Fork this week and want to have a nice dinner. Looking for restaurant suggestions for places serving American cuisine and good seafood. Price is not a problem and we'll have a car so location is not an issue either. Heard some good things about the Frisky Oyster and North Fork Table too.
Aug 10th, 2009, 08:01 AM

The Cooperage on Sound Ave. is consistently excellent. I've never had a disappointing meal there.
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:46 AM

North Fork Table (&Inn) in Southold is excellent.
Go a bit further out to the "Seafood Barge" - gets mixed reviews but they have never disappointed us.
I've never been but hear that Jedediah Hawkins Inn in Jamesport? is good.
Reservations are a must and it already may be too late for NF Table.
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:03 AM

Jedediah Hawkins chef and/or ownership has changed.I've been previously for lunch and it was outstanding but the menu has changed and I'm not impressed with the CV of the new chef. I'd stick with Nork Fork Table and Frisky Oyster.
Aug 11th, 2009, 09:55 AM

Berlac,
Sound avenue where? We will be staying at a B&B on Sound Ave. in Riverhead and are looking for a good seafood restaurantin that area..
Aug 12th, 2009, 08:12 AM

Cooperage Inn is in Calverton. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._New_York.html
Aug 12th, 2009, 09:23 AM

I've heard the same thing about Jedediah Hawkins, Mclaurie. I had lunch there last year when Tom Shaudel was still running the kitchen and it was really really good. Now, not so much from what I am hearing. Trekker, if you don't eat there at least stop by and have a look. The property and the building are gorgeous. In the lounge there was a photo album of before and after pictures. The amount of work that went into renovating the building is amazing. Also heard good things about the Frisky Oyster.