Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAPLES-Has anyone eaten at Trulucks?

Please share any experiences...Thanks.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 06:31 AM

Had a lovely meal at Trulucks on the patio. Service was very professional and the food was delicious. I'd definitely recommend it to you.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 06:34 AM

Try the "Chocolate Bag" dessert! It's a paper bag made out of chocolate filled with mousse and berries! Really good and fun to share!
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Oh Wow....

please let me know where this is!
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Neopolitan

Excellent restaurant and probably the most expensive (Bice may beat them out there) on Fifth Avenue. Great fresh fish, perfectly prepared and served.
It is on the Plaza, at the back of the Inn on Fifth, facing the Sugden Theatre. This is the fourth (or fifth?) restaurant in that spot and finally we have a winner.

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 09:40 AM

Same as the one in Dallas? If so, it was good. Expensive, but probably worth the money.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Neopolitan

Yes, the original is in Texas. Oddly when they were only in Texas they owned their own fisheries near Naples, Florida where they got their stone crabs and lots of their fish. Finally they decided to open another restaurant that was close to their fisheries.

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 11:06 AM

"This is the fourth (or fifth?) restaurant in that spot and finally we have a winner"

Thanks Neo!!!.....maybe this is why I am unfamiliar with it. I will pass this information along to my family as they love new "finds"

ps...do you live in Naples?
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Neopolitan

Yes, I live in Naples.

The only two former names of this place that I remember were McCabe's Steakhouse and then El Pampa Argentinian Grill. But it changed names and/or ownership at least one other time in there.

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 12:33 PM

Neopolitan: We live in Bonita and each time we've hauled down to 5th to try a restaurant we've been somewhat disappointed. Would love to find one that it was worth the longish drive. We've liked Lurcat, but other than that, nothing seemed worth the money and time; e.g. nothing as good as Evoo or even Roy's. What other restaurants do you like on 5th? And in the area? thanks for your in-put.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Neopolitan

I really like Pazzo, especially since they revamped the menu a few months ago. Ask for Doug T. if you want especially good service, some of the girls who work
there can really be ditzy.

I avoided Bice for a long time, but broke down and found it excellent (but again very pricey).

I also like Mangrove Cafe. It is probably one of the best bargains on Fifth, and has an interesting menu.

Haven't been to Zoe's lately, but always liked it and everyone seems to be raving about it these days.

I like Chops, but then you don't need to drive down here for that.
Rumor has it that Roy's is opening another one where Syrah and then Meritage were. Hard to keep up with the restaurant changes here, but I'd like to avoid that drive to the Bonita Roy's.

Campiello on Third remains my favorite "downtown" restaurant.

And seek out Nektar, which is on Seventh Avenue South between 8th and 9th Streets. Excellent food!

For casual but good food, I also like Yabba -- the half jerk chicken comes out looking like half a turkey, but is sooo good and comes with great smashed potatoes and grilled vegetables for something like $15.95. And they pour nice drinks and have good wines by the glass. But it seems if you order their fish entrees you spend the same as at other places for something not so good.

Least favorites? Corks (gag), Bistro 821 (which has gone downhill), Vergina (a gloried Olive Garden), and Zen (totally disorganized since their lawsuit by the rock star owner for embezzling him).

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 02:37 PM

I will second the recommendation of the Mangrove Cafe. It is on my parents' must-eat-list each trip we take to Naples. We have also had good experiences at Zoe.