Search

Restaurant opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurant opinions?

We will be staying on south coast area at the Bougainvillea in Feb 2009. We eat fish, Italian, and veggies, but no meat. The Cliff is too expensive. For our six dinners, we are thinking about Pisces, Aqua, The Restaurant at Southsea, Champers, Luigi's, and Asiago. Also considering some places on west coast -- The Tides, The Mews, La Mer, Fish Pot, Mango's by the Sea, Daphne's, and Il Tempio. Any advice?
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

This is for Barbados, to clarify.
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 05:59 AM

All those choices sound great.

There's a also a great lunch truck that comes to the Boug at noon. Great local food.

If you're driving, lunch at the Crane is great after playing in the waves.

Peace, Greenie

Old Apr 5th, 2008, 07:36 AM

All of these sound great. We've eaten at many of these. The Fish Pot is absolutely terrific.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Our favorite place to eat is the Bajan Blue Restaurant at the Sandy Lane Hotel, especially brunch and the barbecue night. Not cheap but worth every penny. Second favorite is Il Tempio, authentic Italian Food (better than Daphne's). I had the pasta with gorgonzola cheese and pear and my boyfriend had the mushroom risotto, followed by some excellent home-made gelato. We went once to Fish Pot and I had a "seafood" curry, which had a few tiny shrimps, mostly fish - and little current. We found Mango's by the Sea average.
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 11:39 AM

If you don't want meals that are too too expensive, leave out Aqua - food sucks anyway. Champers is a definite yes. For inexpensive but very good fish, try Just Grillin (locations on the south coast and in Holetown), also, for the best fish around don't forget the Oistins Fish Fry. Friday night is the big night for that, and no, the fish is not all fried, mostly grilled. I have consistently found Fish Net to have the best, but Patsy's is pretty good too. For inexpensive but very good Italian, Mama Mia. Luigi's and Il Tempio have good reputations, but I have no personal experience of them. Restaurant at Southsea is very good but on the pricey side. I was a bit disappointed in Pisces the last time I went there. Found The Tides and Fish Pot to be crappy, but The Mews good. Haven't been to Daphne's or Mango's.
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Bajangirl, do you like Harlequin, or Brown Sugar, or can you make other suggestions, for moderately priced meals? We want to mix in some medium-priced places on the south shore along with Southsea and Champers -- we eat fish, veggies and pasta, mostly -- again, thanks.