Search

Fall Creek Falls

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 02:53 AM
Martin

Fall Creek Falls

We're going to Fal Creek Falls from Nashville in early-March. Can anyone give us any tips for nice accomodation (poss in Pikeville)? Also, would you camp at that time of year, or should we play it by ear and decide when we get nearby?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 05:01 AM
SA

I would explore the Tennessee B & B web-site, they are your best bet for places to stay. It will certainly be cold that time of year. Unless you are a serious camper w/all the cold-weather gear I would pass on that. You might be able to find some cabins as well if that is more in line w/what you are thinking.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Don

Martin,

Fall Creek Falls has a nice hotel and cabin rentals on site. The hotel has a nice restaurant, and cabins have kitchens if you want to cook your own meals. The Falls are beautiful, and there are miles of walking and bicycle trails. Too early in the year for the pool to open, but the Golf Course is great and will be open. Fishing is another option that you might consider, and you can fish from the dock behind the lodge. Have a great time, and enjoy the Best of Tennessee's State Parks.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 04:31 PM
xxx

The cabins at Falls Creek Falls are nice (rustic); but require very advanced reservations. If I remember correctly, some are on the water and looked wonderful. Early March is most likely going to be cold and rainy. It is a beautiful place!

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 02:01 AM
Martin

What's Pikeville like, by the way? A good place to base ourselves before a day's walking, or can you recommend somewhere nearer the falls/trails?

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 01:30 AM
Martin