Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Fab. Hotels in Las Vegas...Thanksgiving???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2005, 08:33 AM
AAF
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking of going to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving or perhaps the following day and taking the entire family. I know this is a long time away. We are thinking of staying at the Bellagio or an equivalent hotel. How can I make sure I get a top (cheap) rate? Any good ideas? I'm new to this. My thoughts are since I'm planning so far in advance I should be able to do something really good! Any super experienced travellers out there that can help me with some ideas of hotels and plans? Many thanks! It's for something special (besides Thanksgiving).
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 09:08 AM

I don't think Bellagio and cheap generally go together, but to get the best rates, the way to go is usually through the hotel web site. Sign up for their email list and you'll receive notification of special offers. Generally you can book now at whatever rate you find and cancel up to 48 hours before your trip. If between now and then the prices come down, the hotel will give you the reduced price.

Bellagio is a first class hotel. The Wynn hotel, a bit further north on the strip, should be as well. It opens in April.

Other fine properties might include Venetian, Mandalay Bay, Four Seasons, Caesar's Palace. Check them all for prices and specials.

In addition, I recommend signing up for the email specials at www.travelzoo.com. You can often find out about good Vegas hotel deals that way.

Out of curiosity, do you have a particular hotel budget in mind? If the hotel prices are considerably out of your price range, you might consider bidding for a 5* hotel on priceline. So far, only the venetian is known to be in that class and working with priceline, though that could change. Be careful though - priceline bids are totally non-refundable. It may not be advised to bid this far in advance if there's any chance your plans could change.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 10:45 AM

Just so you are aware - the best rates in Las Vegas are from Sun through thursday nights - Fri and Sat are typcially much more - often double - since they are the most in demand. Also, long holiday weekends are usually most crowded.

If you really want a bargain - move your trip to the Sunday through Wed or Thurs following thanksgiving - assuming there is no major convention in town

For the brest rates available - serch everywhere (hotel web sites, Vegas web sites and all the standard hotel discount web sites. Also sign up for newsletters from all of the above.

Good luck - but you have picked a very expensive time to go.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 11:25 AM

nytraveler,
Thank you for a good laugh. .."For the brest rates available ".. apropos to Las Vegas too

AAF,
we always stay at the Bellagio, and we were there Thankgsiving week, 2003. ( ours was also for something else special )I cannot remember how special the rates were but go to Bellagio's website and start checking on them..or call and ask about getting the best prices for next Thanksgiving.
It is waay too soon to book things, but a couple of months in advance, book any shows you want to see and restaurants..for every night. You can always cancel but that week is not especially quiet and restaurants are booked in advance. And be sure to pick where to go on Thanksgiving for that meal.
We ate at Onda and I do not recommend them.
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 05:30 PM

If you register on the Bellagio website, you can receive emails from them advising you of specials. Also before you book, check their availability calendar. Their prices are listed on each day of the months listed. We booked for two nights in April, Sunday-Monday, for $199/night. It is my favorite hotel in Las Vegas so far.