COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach? Yes or No?

Old Jan 11th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach? Yes or No?

There hasn't been anything recent on this hotel in a while, so I thought I'd ask. The rates are unbelievable, and I am wondering if there is something wrong with this place. Bringing down a family of 6, and always have luck at Embassy Suites with the big rooms and breakfasts. Says it is across a small road from the beach. Can you walk to any restuarants or would you need a car? It appears to have been going through a remodel?

We are just looking to chill at the beach and eat at fun restaurants. Is Deerfield beach an OK spot? Any recent first hand experience with this hotel?
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 10:51 AM

I vote yes!! My wife and I love that hotel. We've stayed there several times to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The most recent was this past September.

The room was spacious and clean as always. We've never had a problem there. The hotel is very well kept with coconut palms all around the property. And the service was very good. The pool and patio area is really nice. You and your kids should enjoy it. One note though...if you want to catch some rays at the pool, do so early in the day. The height of the hotel shades it from the afternoon sun.

Deerfield has a very pretty and wide beach. Some picnic pavilions, palm trees and, very importantly, lifeguards. We live in the area and go there for beach activities. Yes, there is a small sidestreet that separates the hotel from the ocean but it's not a big deal. It's primarily used by beachgoers. Not sure about this but you may have to walk half a block or so for good beach access. Contact the hotel to be certain.

Don't know how far you consider walking distance to restaurants but, depending on what you're looking for, you may need a car. Ask the hotel if they provide a shuttle service. If you make it down to Ft Lauderdale there is a water taxi that will take you around. Kids might enjoy that.

Since I live near Deerfield Beach I would be happy to drive over and check on anything you have concerns about. I could even e-mail you some pictures. Just let me know.

Take care
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM

We will be there from Birmingham Alabama March 12-17
(we found some direct non stop flights to West Palm beach for $147!) so that is our spring break!

We will have a rental car.

I may skip the 5th nite at the ES and try to see Miami
(south beach) but we are a family of 5 (3 teenage girls) so ES is good for us too. We will be there 12-16 for sure

Any restaurant reviews? or suggestions?
I wanna try Little Havana nearby to eat perhaps
Thanks
af
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 07:56 PM

We stayed there several times before it was renovated and thought it was fine. They they renovated and the prices went through the roof. I just checked the other day for Feb 19 to 25 and the rates were between $300 and $400 a day!

Do you mind saying when you're going, what rate you were quoted and how you got it? I'd really be interested because I liked that place.

You'd pretty much need a car. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance but not much. I'm about to post a question about what's new in the area, so keep an eye out for it.

We just booked the new Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort which is just up the road. It used to be a rather tired looking Holiday Inn but it's been bought and renovated and looks gorgeous. I got a oceanview room at the AARP rate of $239.
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 03:17 PM

Rate is $229

Gov rate--my wife is Judge and I am a govt lawyer so

I booked online awhile back--not cheap but we have 5
(wife and three teenage daughters)
March 12-17 ish

will do re post
af
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 06:36 PM

That's a great rate. It's what we paid for a brand-new but not suite hotel up the beach. I think we were there in a very high-priced week, though, so maybe that's the difference.

My friend keeps telling methat we can get the Gov rate as my SO is a university professor (so is hers and they get that rate) but we've generally done pretty well with the aarp rate.

Thanks for the info, alan. I'll look forward to reading your trip report.

Oh and re restaurants, there are a few decent places at Deerfield Beach on the curve of the road just north of Hillsboro Avenue -- pizza, seafood, hamburgers, etc. We went to a lovely (though rather pricey, for us) place just north of Deerfield Beach on Palmetto Park Avenue, called Trattoria Romana. Very busy and lively and good food. Here's the Open Table website:
http://www.opentable.com/trattoria-romana

Also in Boca at Mizner Park, we liked Truluck:
http://trulucks.com/pages/boca-raton-florida

We didn't have a reservation at either place but the wait wasn't long. There are lots of other restaurants at Mizner Park as well.

Have a good time!