Search

eating in DC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 12:50 PM
tom o

eating in DC

I will be staying around Dupont Circle/Adams Morgan--any restaurants you would recommend?

Also, any particularly good special museum exhibits? (I saw a reference to a Bonnard exhibit at the Phillips)

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 02:12 PM
phyllis

Check out washingtonian.com. Look under restaurants for location. You can also check out Zagat but they charge now although you may be able to do the two weeks free. The restaurants in DC change so often, it's hard to make a recommendation. However, if you want to spend some money on a fabulous meal, try Kincaids. It is considered one of the best in DC. The
Phillips is a great gallery but Washingtonian.com could also tell you what is currently playing.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Teryl

I think most of the ethiopian restaurants in Adams-Morgantown are a nice adventure - let them suggest what to order - I have never gone wrong that way - we also love Duffy's around Capitol Hill - near union station maybe on New Jersey or 14th - very fun and hearty food - with some Irish stuff like shephard's pie. Have fun.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 03:00 PM
George

Go to chowhound.com . Up-to-date information and loads of opinions--a rich resource for anyone who eats.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 06:11 PM
ashley

a wonderful restaurant to try at dupont is pizzaria paradisio. it is a cozy little place with tons of character as well as excellent european style pizza.
as for exhibits the phillips museum is a must see! tons of great art in the permanent collection as well as the special collections.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Pam

Johnny's Halfshell..and do go to the Phillips.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 02:28 PM
E.

I second Johnny's Half-Shell, and add Cashion's in Adams-Morgan, also Ardeo in Woodley Park.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Mike

The Corchoran is having it's biennial show; if you like modern art, its a great show.

I would check out Gabriel's and Mimi's in Dupont Circle. Also, the new Firefly.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Jen

Chinese: City Lights of China

Spanish: Jaleo - mainly a tapas restaurant but good - not in Dupont/Adams Morgan but yummy

Have a great trip.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Kristin

Dupont - Gabriel, Johnny's Half Shell, Savino's, Firefly

Adams Morgan - Cashions, Little Fountain, Wazuri