Reload this Page >

Durango/Pagosa Springs Evacuations??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Paula

I have heard on the radio station locally that Durango & Pagosa Springs areas in Colorado are being evacuated? Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:27 PM
travellyn

Durango itself hasn't been evacuated, but several subdivisions a few miles north and east of here have been.

To my knowledge, Pagosa has not been evacuated; there was an information session for the town yesterday to inform residents of the situation regarding the Missionary Ridge fire. The MR fire is still many miles from Pagosa, but the prevailing winds may eventually push the fire in that direction.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Paula

Thanks travellyn! We were hoping to visit the area in late summer, and I have relatives there so I concerned. The local news says "all of Colorado is on fire now" so I know our information is greatly exagerated.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Connie

My husband is in Pagosa Springs tonight and it is not evacuated but was told at the motel that Wolf Creek Pass was closed.

The Colorado DOT doesn't verify that, just that 140 at Southfork was temporarily closed.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:38 AM
travellyn

Wolf Creek Pass was closed yesterday because of the fire in Southfork. I don't know about today.