Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

dupont @ the circle, churchill hotel or jury's?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2005, 08:30 AM
roscoeG

Hi there and thanks in advance for the always wonderful advice i receive on these message boards.

My husband and I will be in DC for a weekend in April. We will have two full days (and nites). We are flying in and out of Reagan. Will would like to stay at Dupont Circle.

I have been browsing these messages, but was wondering if someone could help me decide among Dupont @ the Circle, Churchill Hotel, and Jury's..
The rates I've found are $140 at dupont(least exp room), $165 at jury's, and $199 at churchill) , all are near the circle/metro, all look nice..

Any particular reason you'd choose one over the other? I'm OK with the prices at all of them, but obviously will go with Dupont @ the circle, if there's not a huge difference among the three.

Thanks!!

Old Jan 18th, 2005, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saying The Churchhill is in Dupont is a REAL stretch (8 blocks to Dupont metro). The remaining two are both just fine but really apples and oranges. Dupont at the Circle is a B&B, while Jury's Washington is a full service large hotel. Both are great places and perfectly located (about one block to metro).
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 08:54 AM

Dupont at the Circle is about a block's walk to the metro. They provide parking about a half block away in a commercial garage. We really liked this place and would stay here again in a heartbeat. The owners are charming. Breakfast is cereal, fruit etc. I recommend drinks at the Tabard.
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 10:19 AM
E

I agree with bardo regarding Jury's vs. DATC--they are really difficult to compare. It depends on whether you want a B&B or a hotel. Consider that the DATC rate includes b'fast; some of the rooms don't have TV; you may have to climb stairs; it has charming atmosphere. Jury's will allow you more anonymity but no real charm; however, it's a nice hotel for the price. Both are very near the metro, with DATC a bit closer. Good luck and enjoy your trip!
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 10:27 AM
roscoeG

thanks very much! i think i'm going to go wtih DATC.. i really don't care if we're in a hotel or a B&B because we'll be out most of the day and nite.... i like the location. i guess i misunderstood about the Churchill Hotel being close to Dupont Circle.. thanks for pointing it out.