Drink prices-Key West

Search

Drink prices-Key West

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drink prices-Key West

Looking for info on beer, wine, and mixed drink prices at the bars near Mallory Square. How about at The Ocean Key Resort? Anyone have happy hours or drink specials? Well be there in July-fri-sat-sun. Thanks
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:43 PM

Were there a couple of months ago, and we found most bars had happy hour specials, generally between 4 and 7 p.m. Just walk up and down Duval Street. Drinks at regular hours were about $3-$4 for a beer, $4-$5 for a mixed drink. Those specialty drinks that each bar and restaurant seems to have (with the cutesy names) were more expensive.
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:04 PM

I can't speak for the Ocean Key Resort, but I thought drinks were pretty reasonable throughout bars & restaurants in the town. Be sure to "eat it raw" at the half-shell bar & grill.

If you're really worried about prices, buy your own and bring to your room.
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 06:57 AM

We've stayed at the Ocean Key twice. I really don't remember drink prices though. I am pretty sure that the bar near the pool has drink specials and a great drink menu. Be sure to have a mojito at the Conch Republic. They are the best!!
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 07:40 PM

You can always ask the hotel staff, but but instead of asking the concierge ask the valets and or waiters where they go (tell them you want to go where the locals go, not where the tourists go).

Folks in the hospitailty industry are typically pretty in the know when it comes to local offerings afterall they live somewhere around the area where they work, you just have to get them to give you the local haunts (vs the tourist info).