DisneyLAND not Walt Disney

Mar 5th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

DisneyLAND not Walt Disney

I have the opportunity to take my 7yr old niece to Disney Land (CA). I will be on business and my hotel/car/expenses will be paid for so my husband and niece will be flying out to join me - it will be her surprise.

My Q- I know there is tons of info on this board regarding Walt Disney in FL, but I am finding it difficult to find DisneyLand info. Is there a website for "secrets" related to Disney similar to the one that I see referenced for Walt Disney - FL?

I know if there is a website that my fellow "fordorites" will have this info! I have been to DisneyLand very recently so I know already that it has been renovated, etc... but I have not been there with a child.

Any specific info or recommendations that anyone wants to share?
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:28 AM

Have you done a Goole search for DisneyLand California? I tried and got a zillion hits. There's bound to be one that gives you what you want. I think they are about to have a big 50th aniversary bash.
Mar 5th, 2006, 09:37 AM

The place in Orlando is officially known as Disney WORLD, so you should get appropriate results when searching on Disneyland.
Mar 5th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

I have google'd disneyland and i do get alot of results - just trying to find the best one out there and any advice from travelers on this board
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:19 AM

You didn't say how much time that you planned to devote to Disneyland. Regardless if it is one, two, three days, etc, it gets very crowded there. Go during the week if you can and plan to go early (when they open) and stay all day and evening.
Oops, I just noticed that you have been there. Oh well, I'll post it anyway.
8-)
Mar 5th, 2006, 11:49 AM

disboards.com has a chat forum specifically for Disneyland (it is near the bottom of the list of forums) that will give you lots of info on Disneyland. Also, mousesavers.com has some info on Disneyland.
Mar 5th, 2006, 12:03 PM

If you want first hand experiences then try these two boards.

iVillage has a Disney Vacations board and has a lot on Disneyland in California. Just put Disneyland in the search. http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-psdisney

You might also ask over on the Trip Advisor boards under California. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum...alifornia.html

Utahtea
Mar 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

thank you cathy61 & utahtea ~ that's exactly what I was looking for!
Mar 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM

Allearsnet.com has a Disneyland section - scroll to the bottom of the opening page and click on "Disneyland Resort" or try this link: http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/tp/dl/dl.htm

The Birnbaum Official Guide to Disneyland is a good book to look at.

Did you know that the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and the It's A Small World are generally considered better at Disneyland, than at Disneyworld.

My favorite "secret" is the Mint Julep Bar (non-alcoholic) in New Orleans square. I also love the Dole Whips available at the Tiki Juice Bar.
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:21 PM

If you want Disneyland's direct website it's disneyland.disney.go.com.
with no www in front of the address. You can book packages on this website and check out the hotels, parks, shows and rides.