Reload this Page >

Disney World-Best time to go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Mike

Would like to take my wife and daughter to Disney World, but want to go with the crowds are at a minimum. Can anyone offer any advice as to what time of year the crowds are at their lowest? Thank you.

Old May 17th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Gail

Sept., Oct., Nov. Go to www.disboards for all the information you'll ever need for Disneyworld.

Old May 17th, 2002, 11:45 AM
BTilke

I was there last week (May 9, to be exact) and we encountered no lines for any attractions at EPCOT. For example, on the AT&T communications ride (in the big white "golf ball" at the entrance) we walked right onto the ride; same story for everything else. We also had a clear, unobstructed view of the fireworks at the end of the day.

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Postal

I live in Orlando and never even consider going to the parks anytime other than January, February, May, October, and the first two weeks of November.

Old May 17th, 2002, 02:52 PM
randa

January thru mid-February.

Old May 17th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Rich

We've been to WDW every year or two since it opened and our favorite time of year is the first two weeks of May. Crowds are reasonable, it's usually not oppressively hot, and yet the days are getting longer and the park is open later. Gives you a chance to see the park in the morning and leave at lunchtime when it's getting really crowded. Back to the hotel for lunch (better and cheaper than eating in the parks), then a nap and/or a swim, and then head back to the park around 5 or 6. By then the crowds are really thinning, it's cooler, and I just really like the parks at night. I find that Future World at Epcot in particular is practically deserted after 6:00 -- you can walk right up to attractions like Spaceship Earth, the Land, and even Test Track which have HUGE lines during the day.

I'd definitely recommend you stay at one of the WDW resorts because that makes it much easier to head back to the hotel during the afternoon. If you try to stay at the park from opening time to close, you'll be totally worn out and won't enjoy it so much, whereas if you go back to the hotel for a swim and a nap you can go back completely refreshed and have a wonderful evening.

Old May 17th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Judi

We went the last week of April and the place was PACKED! Never again! Seems people are pulling the kiddies out of school to go. Sat. Sunday and Mondays are the worst.

First 2 weeks of Oct. are the best times to go-midweek. Stay away from weekends.

Old May 17th, 2002, 09:02 PM
hk

I went in October and it was not crowded. The weather was great. Airfare and hotel prices were down. I would suggest getting the "Unofficial guide to Disney World." It gives great suggestions about what route to take in the parks to get the most out of your day.

Have a great time!