Disney Resort-Swan or Dolphin

Nov 8th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Disney Resort-Swan or Dolphin

Hi. I am going to Disney with my family, in January. Which hotel is better Swan or Dolphin?
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:32 AM

You will getter more responses if you go to a forum that is exclusively Disney.

Try these..
http://www.disboards.com/

http://www.allearsnet.com/

http://www.mousesavers.com/

PS. W are going back to WDW in April with our granddaugher.
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:12 PM

We stayed at the Dolphin this summer, I think the hotels are very similar -- with these distinct points --

The dolphin is much closer to the recreational areas that kids would enjoy, the main pools are on the Dolphin side of the two hotel resort area, so people staying at the Swan have a further walk to enjoy the best pools. (there is a small rectangular pool right outside the Swan though).

The Swan is a much smaller hotel and I would think more intimate, less walking inside the hotel etc. I think both have been recently updated so the rooms should be in the same basic condition. I do believe the Swan has two queens in a room compared to two oversized doubles at the Dolphin.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Dolphin and I think you would at either hotel.
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:41 PM

We stayed at the Dolphin, but the two hotels are comparable. As previously stated, the bigger pool is more convenient to the Dolphin. The Dolphin also has a HUGE, active lobby and more restaurants. We really enjoyed our stay there.
Feb 14th, 2005, 11:08 AM

The Swan is smaller, less "kid-friendly" (quieter environment, fewer families, restaurants more upscale). Dolphin is larger and noisier. They share services and pools, and you can charge "across" the two hotels (both owned by Starwood).
Feb 14th, 2005, 11:30 AM

We stayed at the Swan with kids. The Swan and the Dolphin are basicly interchangable. I thought the Dolphin was large and "big tent" circus like with escalators to the main lobby. The Swan is smaller with almost a nonexistant lobby. There is a luncheonette type restaurant at the Swan (by the pool) and the Dolphin has a cafeteria type family restaurant. No big walk between them. I think one hotel has 2 queens and one has 2 double beds (if that is a determining factor)-- don't remember what has which!