COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Best hotel pool in Orlando area?

Old Jan 28th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

Best hotel pool in Orlando area?

What moderate hotels/resorts in Orlando have the best pools? We're travelling with young kids and are looking for a large pool with zero-entry, preferably free-form. Waterslides and waterfalls would be a plus. We'd prefer not to spend more than $150/night. Thanks!
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

ttt

Anyone...?
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 08:36 AM

Have you looked at a Disney brochure and looked at the Disney pools? There are a whole bunch of Disney hotels, and I am sure you could get a room for $150 at many of them. I know when we looked into our Disney vacation, many of the hotels had really fancy, fun pools for kids. If interested, you could go to the Disney web site and look up each hotel, or go to any travel agency and get a free Disney hotel brochure.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 08:45 AM

Yacht and Beach club's pool at Disney is awesome-lazy river, sand bottoms, slide. Depending on what time of year it should fit in your budget.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 03:50 PM

You say Orlando, but does it have to be Disney? The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal is on a par with Disney deluxe hotels, but you can get discounts and a "moderate rate". The pool is zero entry and has a great water slide.
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, for your input.

To answer schmerl, no it doesn't have to be a Disney resort. In fact we are only planning to visit Disney for one day during our stay. The rest of the time will just be hanging out at the pool (we're meeting old friends there and we picked Orlando because both families can get direct, well-priced flights there; the purpose of the trip is to spend time with our friends, not really to go to the parks.) Any hotel in the greater Orlando area is fine.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 09:59 AM
sam

I found this one when I was looking - though I ended up with Beach Club in Disney because of Stormalong Bay and I wasn't leaving the Disney complex. This would have been my choice if staying off Disney Property.

http://www.condoexpress.com/Liki_Tiki_Village.htm