Disney Quest Orlando

Search

Disney Quest Orlando

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney Quest Orlando

Is Disney Quest worth the price of admission? Would this occupy a late afternoon/evening with a 10 and 14 yr old? Are there good reasonable places for the family to eat at Downtown Disney? Need advice for stopping in Orlando for one nite.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:14 AM

My kids are around the same ages as yours and they loved Disney Quest. My kids spent a whole day there and still didn't have enough time. It is expensive, but it is a day of entertainment, especially if it rains. Our favorite family spot to eat in downtown Disney is the Rainforest Cafe. It is a jungle themed restaurant. The food is pretty good also. Have a good trip!!
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:42 PM

I imagine your kids would enjoy this at the ages they are. My husband and I went and really found it a poor way to spend the afternoon. I simply loooove Disney but found the staff rude and unhelpful. I went on one attraction and kept asking how to correctly put some sort of helmet thing on my head and they just came over and wacked me on the head to push it down with no explanation and I still couldn't get it to work. It also seemed like the staff was unsupervised and were mostly "hitting" on each other and guests between 14 and 18. Maybe though you just need to be between the ages of 8 and 16 to enjoy this attraction.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 03:58 PM

RE: "Reasonable" eats at Downtown Disney. Rainforest Café is (I've said this elsewhere) an Animatronics-enhanced Denny's. The food is swill.

There's a Wolfgang Puck Express, as well as some permutation of a Wolfgang Puck Café. The former is a food-court version of the latter, meaning a selection of Wolfie's famous free-association pizzas, more-normal pastas, sandwiches and salads. Reliable, if not earth-shattering.

For a more ethnic experience, Bongo's is a Cuban restaurant, owned by Gloria and Emilio Estefan. Haven't eaten there, but I've eaten at her South Beach eatery Lario's on the Beach, and it's basically Cuban home cooking, unfussy and unpretentious. Lots of garlic-- keeps away vampires.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:57 PM

My first experience of Disney Quest brought me back a second time. I had no problems with the "cast members" working there. I'm a grandparent ... not a teenager ... and I enjoyed the experience.

There are numerous places to eat in this area ... to fit most people's budget. You can always ask to see a menu before deciding.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:13 PM

My 7 yr. old daughter loved disney quest. The admission was included in our park hopper pass. Don't eat at Planet Hollywood if it's still there - sucked bigtime.