Disney in Dec-how to dress

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the "what to wear" question comes up all the time but it usually refers to what's fashionable in a particular area, which is not what I'm asking.

My family and I (almost 4-year-old daughter, husband, and 6 other family members) will be in Disney World Dec. 4-8 and I'm just so confused about how heavy the clothing I pack should be. We have been there many times before, but only in the summer so it's been much easier to know what the weather will be like and to just pack shorts and tops. I've checked weather.com and it is expected to be in the 70s during the day and pretty chilly at night. I'm in New Jersey and it snowed last night so it's even harder to get my mind around packing for warmer weather when we're all bundled up up here and under electric blankets.

I'm thinking layers that we can just peel off when/if we feel warm and put back on when it gets a bit chilly. Capri pants okay with long-sleeved shirts? Fleece jackets/hoodies at night?

Thanks.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 10:43 AM

My family and I were to Disney over the Christmas holidays and we always took sweatshirts and long pants if we were there in the evenings. One day we went to Typhoon Lagoon as it was so warm; the next day you could see your breath so I would cover all bases.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 10:47 AM

We have been to WDW many many times in Dec. I have seen people wear shorts and sweatshirt but we are mor comfortable in jeans and iether a zippered sweatxhirt or layered long sleeve shirts. It does get warmer in the afternoon when the sun is at its peak but the mornings and late afternoons are cool. Evenings can be downright cold. The year before last it was in the 30's. We were at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and we were prepared with scarves and gloves. Also I have found Epcot is a lot colder than the other parks due to the lake and the openess.

From my experience I pack in layers. 1 pair of shorts and the rest in jeans. Pack shirts that can be layered and a fall type jacket that can be worn for evenings. This way you can bundle up with a sweatshirt and your jacket at night if it gets that cold. ALso pack scarf and gloves. Hey you never know....I have seen it all in WDW in December.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both so much. This has made my packing much easier. I had pretty much taken all of my daughter's clothes out of her dresser drawers-shorts, capris, heavy pants-not knowing where to even start. Your comments were very helpful.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM

I forgot! Here is the best, most accurate weather site for orlando - there's even webcams!http://www.wesh.com/weather/index.html

Have a great time! WDW is beautiful at the Holidays.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 12:01 PM

I'm in Tampa and yes we are getting a "cold front" this week. My husband from Vermont just laughs at us. Although I'm laughing now since he is in VT at the moment....

I would suggest maybe a sweatshirt for nights but that's about it. Should be beautiful weather this week.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM

Definitely agree to shorts for the day, sweatshirt and pants at night. I'm coming to FL for X-Mas. Feels weird the first year without snow but now I am glad my parents moved there. I usually fly home in shorts so I definitely agree that its hard to imagine warm weather leaving the Northeast.