Dinner tonight in Lakeview area--suggestions?

Old Jan 1st, 2005, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dinner tonight in Lakeview area--suggestions?

My husband and I are staying at Hawthorne Terrace Best Western. We've been here since Thursday and tonight is our last night.(we came to see GBV's last show at the Metro) Any restaurant recommendations within walking distance? We had sushi last night at Nohana and enjoyed it. Any good Italian or anything else you all would recommend?
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 11:19 AM

Am I the only one here who doesn't have a clue what part of the country this is, yet alone, what state or city?

Littlemo, even though you may click onto a state when you post, your message just goes into the general US list, so we don't know where you're talking about.
I think there is a Lakeview in just about every state of the union!

No, I'm not being rude, just letting you know for next time.
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 01:00 PM

chigal: I eventually figured out this was about Chicago - it was the "Addison" bit that did it (but I've only been to Chicago once and don't even know how I dredged up from memory that Wrigley Field is on Addison Ave).

But Patrick's point is well taken -- there is abollutely no way for most folks readinfg either the title or the body of the OP's post to know he/she was asking about Chicago.

There are "Lakeview's", "Metros", etc all over the USA, and what on earth is GBV?

littlemo: just a hint about posting from in the future -- put more info in your titles and in the text of your messages.
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 01:01 PM

That should be "absolutely" . . . . .
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 01:42 PM
cd

Patrick
No, you are not the only one. I thought she/he meant Cleveland.
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Chicgal, thanks for your help. Wow--you even called for me-Thanks! We had lunch at Melrose yesterday-and thought it was great- but we'd rather try something new. Angelina's sounds good-maybe we'll check that out. This is a cool area--reminds me a bit of where we live in downtown Baltimore.

Patrick, Janis and CD-- I didn't realize when I post in a specific state that it appears throughout all of the US, however a simple "what city are you in?" would have clarified your confusion. Thanks for responding though.
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

You planned our evening for us chicgal. .. we're headed there now. Still no answer at Angelina's so we're not going to bother. I'll let you know how Cornelia's is tomorrow. You live in a great neighborhood! If we ever moved to Chicago I think we'd want to live in this area. There's a good chance we will come back in the summer--my husband wants to check out Wrigley Field. Thanks again!!
Old Jan 1st, 2005, 05:16 PM

"Patrick, Janis and CD-- I didn't realize when I post in a specific state that it appears throughout all of the US, however a simple "what city are you in?" would have clarified your confusion."

Yes, but then it wouldn't have made you any more knowledgeable about how this site works the next time, would it? I'm sorry you don't appreciate learning. That was my only intent in trying to explain it to you.
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Chicgal, we're back in Baltimore but I wanted to report that Cornelia's was a great choice. We both had the evening's specials and they were delicious. Fun atmosphere and very nice staff. Thanks again for your help. Hopefully we can visit again when it's a bit warmer.