Reload this Page >

Dinner in Springfield VA

Search

Dinner in Springfield VA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 08:22 AM
granniem

Dinner in Springfield VA

I was already warned that there is nothing to do in Springfield va, but we are going to be there one night. Last time we stopped in this area we found a "Longhorns" steak house on the way from the Autotrain, headed north-can't remember where. It was down the street from a Hampton Inn.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Granniem-

I am sitting here in Springfield right this minute racking my brain for a Longhorn steakhouse. Are your sure it was in Springfield or closer to Lorton where the train station is?

If you are thinking of the Hampton Inn in Springfield on Loisdale Ct right near Springfield Mall, there is an Outback Steakhouse very nearby on Backlick Rd. There is also a popular local restaurant- not fancy but very good- called Mike's American Grill on Backlick, where they have steak and all kinds of good meals.

Note that there is one independent steakhouse in this area, the Dauphine, that is rumored to be a strip club (I haven't been so I don't know for sure...)
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 09:18 AM

I would agree with the recommendation for Mike's American Grill...but depending on the night, definitely be prepared to wait for a table.
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 09:23 AM
granniem

We are driving down on a Friday night to take the Autotrain on Saturday. I do not remember where the steak house was but it was a Longhorn. I wish I could find out where the Hampton was that we stayed. But it was north of Lorton.

We all like steak, but the kids are a little too young for the Dauphine (although I think the older one would love it-he's going on 11).

Also, we are staying at the Marriot Courtyad that night, how far is it to the Autotrain???
Thanks for the info. guys.

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM
granniem

I just went to Mikes American grill site and my mouth is watering. I guess we have our place to eat picked out.

thank you

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:30 AM

Is it the Courtyard on Commerce St. in Springfield? If so, it is right near Backlick Rd for the Outback and Mike's American Grill. The hotel staff can give you directions. I am not sure how far it is to the Autotrain station.

Dukey is right about Mike's- they don't take reservations and they get very crowded, especially on a weekend night. Go early for the best chance of getting a seat.

There are plenty of family-friendly restaurants in Springfield if Mike's is crowded. There isn't anything really touristy to do in Springfield, but it is a nice suburb of DC with all that a suburb entails- shopping, restaurants, etc.

You could even drive north on 395 about 20 minutes to spend the evening in my home town, Alexandria, VA, and explore our historic Old Town, a very cute colonial area on the Potomac with tons of restaurants and shops.

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:36 AM
granniem

Yes that is the correct Courtyard. Might just go Old Town as my 11 year old grandson is into historical things. Want to come back to VA to see all the sites. Maybe next trip.

Thanks again. (I want to go to Mikes, sounds like the Longhorn I am looking for) or better

Old Apr 25th, 2007, 10:02 AM

These are the locations for Longhorn Steakhouses currently in the area of Virginia you are writing about:

Chantilly, VA
14056 Thunderbolt Place
Chantilly, VA 20151
Phone: 703/481-5544
Fax: 703/481-5545

Fredricksburg, VA
10012 Southpoint Parkway
Fredricksburg, VA 22407
Phone: 540/710-1600
Fax: 540/710-0600

Dulles, VA
21075 Dulles Town Circle
Dulles, VA 20166
Phone: 571/434-8501
Fax: 571/434-8502

Hope this helps.

Lois
Fairfax, VA
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 11:01 AM
granniem

Lois perhaps you can help me. We got off the Autotrain in Lorton Va, headed north towards NY. Which Longhorn would that be, do you know?

All I know is that it faced the road and behind it was a shopping center - and a few blocks from a Hampton Inn.

Old Apr 25th, 2007, 12:21 PM

If you got off the AutoTrain and headed north I assume you were on I-95.

None of those three mentioned by Lois is on I-95.

It certainly would not have been the one in Fredricksburg which is south of Lorton.

Areyou absolutely certain it was a Longhorn and not an Outback?
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 02:17 PM

I would suggest calling the Chantilly location which is off Route 50 and is near Route 28), or the Dulles location and ask if there is a Hampton Inn nearby.

There is a Hampton Inn located at:
4050 Westfax Drive
Chantilly, VA 20151
(703) 818-8200

You could also call them and ask.

Neither of these locations is right off of I-95 (which is what you would be traveling from Lorton).

Lois
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM

I live very close to Springfield and Mike's American Grill is my favorite restaurant there. I highly recommend the lobster bisque as well as the grilled pork chops.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 08:47 AM

Just a quick side question here...

Is the Mike's American Grill a chain of any sort? The reason I ask is because there was a Mike's American Grill in Tel Aviv. Wonder if it's similar.

Also - BlueSwimmer, we are planning to drive and stop south of Wash DC in August before heading further south. We are looking at a Springfield hotel (arriving late morning) and then taking the Metro into Wash DC to see a few universities in the afternoon. We usually stay in Alexandria, but thought we'd go just a bit further south this time.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Fairway, the Marriot Courtyard is only $99.00 per night.
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Mike's American Grill is part of Great American restaurants chain.
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 04:43 AM

The Great American Restaurant chain is local to the DC area, and according to their website, they don't have international locations. http://www.greatamericanrestaurants.com/

Fairway- I'm not sure why anyone would stay in Springfield on purpose. It is a perfectly nice suburb, but not really a destination unless you want to be 15 minutes further south when you get on 95. In terms of taking metro into DC, Alexandria or Arlington are much more convenient, and much more fun. Of course, Springfield probably has cheaper hotel rooms if all you want is a place to sleep.

Just be aware that if you plan to leave the area on 95 South in the afternoon, you might sit in traffic until you reach Fredericksburg, especially on a Friday. A fun place to stop is the little town of Occoquan on the river south of Springfield for a stroll and shopping in cute shops. Fredericksburg is also a really nice old town with sightseeing, cute shops, some lovely old homes, the Univ of Mary Washington, and, actually, a great outdoor mall area in the outskirts of town for powershopping in chain stores.