Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Nice place for dinner in Williamsburg tomorrow night

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Vavalynn2

Tomorrow is my boyfriend's birthday and would like to take him to an italian or american resturant. I am not from the area and would like to take him somewhere nice, but no more than 100 for two. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Joe

Can anybody help Vavalynn?

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 04:15 AM
c

Try the Trellis or one of the Colonial Taverns -- Shields, Cristina Campbell's or King's Arms.

Another option is Indian Field's Tavern out route 5 in rural Charles City Country. Trendy American cuisine served in a big converted farmhouse.

You can do dinner for 2 at these places for under $100 not including alcholic beverages.

Even though it's the slow time of year, you should probably still book a table for a Saturday night. You can book the taverns directly through Colonial Wmburg.

Guiseppi's and Sal's are both casual family restaurants serving very good Italian food. You could easily do dinner and drinks for under $100 at either place. Both are on Richmond Rd so ask at your hotel for directions.

Have fun.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 06:09 AM
marilyn

We celebrated my birthday at the Trellis in Williamsburg last summer. It is a lovely restaurant with excellent food. You can't go wrong. Be sure to have dessert!!!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 08:12 AM
candace

There are only 2 places I'd recommend in Williamsburg for a "special" dinner: The Trellis or the Williamsburg Inn. The second is pricey, but the service and food are worth it. The Trellis is not quite as formal, but the food is excellent. We travel to Williamsburg at least twice per year and these are by far better restaurants (in my opinion) than any of the taverns. The price tag of $100 can be met at the Trellis easily; depending upon whether or not you are including alcoholic beverages and appetizers, etc., you could do the same at the Williamsburg Inn.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Vavalynn

Thank you everyone for the reply. I posted it before I left work (in upstate ny) and when I arrived down here I had this great advice. I will give the Trellis a try. Sounds great.

Thanks again!!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 09:10 AM
c

entrees in the regency room at the wmburg inn run from $29 to $40. that's exclusive of drinks, starters, soup, dessert, etc. two people cannot easily enjoy dinner at the inn for under $100 unless they're only eating ONE dinner.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 10:52 AM
r-travels

If you're down there for another meal, than your special one, I agree with the suggestion of Sals (Sals by Victor) in the Williamsburg Shopping Center & Richmond Rd & Monticello. Good food, service, & moderate prices. Not fancy, but a local family favorite. I stop there at least once each time I'm in Williamsburg.