dining in Springdale, Torrey & Moab

Old Mar 1st, 2003, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

dining in Springdale, Torrey & Moab

I am interested in dining recommendations in Springdale, Torrey and Moab, Utah. My interest is in moderate to inexpensive price recommendations. Thank you

Old Mar 1st, 2003, 10:15 PM

Hi Dennis,

In Springdale, Zion Pizza & Noodle has some of the best food in town. Very casual & reasonable.

In Moab, I like the Slickrock Cafe and there's an Italian/Pizza place on main street that's good & inexpensive, but I can't remember it's name. I usually camp when I'm there - and my cooking is quite good too!

Have fun!
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:02 PM

When we were in Springdale three years ago we stayed at Flanigan's and ate in the restaurant there two nights in a row. As I recall, we thought that the food was quite good,and it had a very pleasant ambience.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 04:34 AM

Moab - great Mexican food at Miguel's Baja Grill, mmmm I wish I could eat those fish tacos right now, plus they had really good margaritas. The Jailhouse cafe for breakfast - went back a couple of times. Also a couple of really good healthy sandwich/juice places for lunch on Main Street right across from the Visitor Center. Fat City - Decent but not wonderful barbecue place - ate there once for dinner but didn't go back (unlike Miguel's...)but seemed better than the other two bbq options.

Springdale - The Mean Bean for some of the best coffee anywhere (and great conversation!). Right across the way is a really great burger/mexican/vegetarian cafe with both indoor and outdoor seating (I think it was called Oscar's but not sure). So good though that we ate there a couple of times for lunch. Most of the time we stayed and ate dinner out at the lodge in the park, so can't recommend dinner places.

Torrey - We just stopped for lunch passing through on our way to Bryce, and ate at the Capitol Reef Inn which we thought was really good - surprisingly fresh salads, fantastic smoked trout, and local cakes and pies to die for. Plus homeade lemonade and they were soooo nice at the restaurant and gift shop.

Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:52 AM

I was trying to remember the name of the place in Torrey. It's Cafe Diablo, one of the very best restaurants in Utah! Haven't been there myself, but this place only gets raves from all sources.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 02:00 PM

Dennis,

I definitely agree with Dayle's recomendation of Cafe Diablo in Torrey. The food was great, and the presentation so outstanding that many of the diners would actually stand up to look at plates as they were served. I wouldn't say it was inexpensive though.