DFW airport hotel area

Search

DFW airport hotel area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFW airport hotel area

I need to stay overnight in the DFW airport area in order to catch a very early flight the next morning. I checked the DFW Hyatt, but rates are high. (mid-week rates)
Any hotel suggestions which offers a shuttle service? (I would like it to be as close as possible.)
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 08:11 AM
yk

One option would be to try bidding on Priceline. The area DFW North has 4 3* hotels (Hyatt is one of them) and usually are won for a bid between $40-50. If you are interested, go to biddingfortravel.com to check it out.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 08:16 AM

There are two Marriott hotels that both offer shuttle service the Marriott North or South...the South is newer. Also, the Harvey Hotel which looks kind of cheasy but I heard is nice has shuttle service and supposedly is reasonable. There are also Courtyards, Hampton's etc. if you want that
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 08:36 AM
yk

BTW, the following link is from DFW website with a loooong list of DFW area hotels.
http://dfw.express-hotel-guide.com/d...ort_hotels.htm
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

yk and vengle: Thanks for your suggestions.
yk: I have never tried priceline.com, but always wanted to try, but quite honestly been a little nervous. I am usually particuliar about the hotel and am afraid I wouldn't get what I really want. How can you know for sure which hotel are listed in the **star** rating you desire? You mentioned Hyatt was listed. Where did you find this info. Any tips would be appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 09:05 AM
yk

Hi katiekate-

If you go to biddingfortravel.com
Under the hotel forum, go to "Texas-Dallas", then click on the 1st row "Dallas Hotel Lists". They list all the hotels that PL bids have been won. Of course, PL can change the hotels anytime it wants. If you scroll down on the hotel list to "DFW Airport North", you'll see that the 3* hotels that have been won on PL are:

Hyatt DFW
Hilton DFW
Harvey
Marriott

I don't know if PL is something you would want to try if you are particular about your hotel choices. I've used PL many times and have been pleased. However, I have also spent a good deal of time researching on BFT.com's website to make sure that I won't get a hotel I don't want if I bid on PL.

If you do want to try PL, make sure you read EVERY WORD in the Hotel FAQ section on BFT's website, as well as the Hotel FAQ on PL's website. Once your bid on PL has been accepted, you cannot change it nor get a refund.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

yk: Thank you so much for all your input. I really appreciate you taking time to answer my post.
Last question: I'm not sure how priceline and biddingfortravel are related. I'm sure this sounds like a dumb question, but do you have to use both?
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 09:28 AM

I'vestayed at the airport Hilton in Grapevine - they often have good direct rates. They are very accomodating, even provided shuttle to and from Dallas Cowboys Monday night game for a few of us so we didn't have to park etc.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 09:34 AM

I prefer staying at the AmeriSuites Airport South. It's easy to get to from I20/183, has a great shuttle to/from the airport and allows free parking/supervision in front of the lobby door.

And you can usually get a room for around $65 through the AmeriSuites Web site.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

I forgot to mention I will be coming in on 114 from the north/west, so I thought it might be easier to stay on that side of airport. Or, is really all the same?
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 09:46 AM
yk

katiekate-

BFT & PL are not related. BFT is a free website where people post their winning bids on PL, in order to make people more "informed" when they bid on PL (ie, avoid overbidding). BFT also has staff who help members to devise a bidding strategy for free as well.

What I've done in the past include:
1. Checking on BFT the winning bids ($) on the * quality hotels in the area I want to bid on, then directly bid on PL's website with similar bid ($)
2. Fill out BFT's "Bidding Assistance" form on their website, and follow the bidding strategy provided by BFT's staff. (You'll still bid for the hotel via PL directly, but BFT provides you with a link called "Amazing-Bargains" which then connects to PL. I believe BFT gets $ when people bid thru Amazing-Bargains".

Of course, other people's suggestion for other hotels are good too.
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Hi yk,
Thank you, thank you for being so helpful. Surely, I can do this if I can Ebay!!!
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 12:59 PM
yk

Ooooooops!
The ($) is supposed to be ( $ )
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

I meant to ask you if you had much luck with priceline on a last minute whim, or have you always given yourselve plenty of time to bid?
Just wondering...
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 01:37 PM
yk

Usually I bid as soon as my travel plans are set (ie, several weeks ahead of time). There was one time I did not get what I wanted with my max bid, but I waited for several days and rebid, and got the hotel with the same bid that was rejected a few days ago.

I have also bidded last minute twice (during a road trip). But normally I would bid as soon as possible if I had a choice.
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

toppig
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 07:57 AM

Check Hotwire, too. Just about any a/p hotel will be ok.