Another Phoenix airport hotel question

Old Jan 11th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Phoenix airport hotel question

I read the question from 6 months ago. Also tried to navigate trip advisor, but unless airport was in the name of the hotel it was hard for me to recognize on the map where they were located.

I am just looking for an overnight. We may choose a restaurant around 24th and Camelback so I assume I don't want something south of the airport or way out near Tempe. I would shuttle to hotel, then probably taxi to dinner.

There are a couple of Courtyards by Marriott that look nice but I'm wondering if they may be more expensive than I want. It will be late by the time we actually get to use our room.

Any suggestions?
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Somebody's been there, right?
Old Jan 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM

If you want to save money, consider Priceline for a PHX airport hotel. Do some research on BetterBidding.com or BiddingForTravel.com and see what hotels you get via Priceline (or Hotwire) these days. You could save a lot of money, more than enough to make up for an extra taxi ride, even if you wind up down in Tempe. (And honestly, E. 24th/Camelback isn't all that far from Tempe).

I got the Hyatt Place in Tempe (really close to the airport) via Priceline last fall for a really good price (under $50/night) - assume they had an airport shuttle (I didn't use it) but I'm not sure.
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 05:18 PM

There is a Courtyard Camelback Marriott near 24th/Camelback, just off the 51 freeway, if you plan to dine around that area. The hotel is next to a small outdoor shopping plaza, and has many dining options nearby. The Biltmore shopping center also is close, with restaurants, Macy's, Saks, and such.

The Courtyard Marriott at the airport is south of the airport. It is right next to two freeways in an office/industrial area. Wouldn't be my first choice, but the shuttle from the airport is complimentary and the rooms are fine.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Andrew and Cleo. I'll check both those options.