Denver downtown hotels

Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Denver downtown hotels

Can anyone recommend a good hotel (4 star) in downtown Denver where I wont get stung for parking my hire car?
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:30 AM
Tess

There are many outdoor pay lots in downtown Denver--we've started using them instead of paying the $20-25 per day valet fee that's common downtown. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco last month and used the lot right beside the hotel--think it was $7 per day with no in/out fees. Hotel Monaco's nice as is the downtown Marriott.

Feb 3rd, 2003, 09:45 AM

Jaguar,

Of the few four-star hotels in downtown Denver, I'm afraid they all charge in the $20-$25 range for parking. Tess' idea is a good one and works especially well at the Monaco where there are plenty of lots around.

As for the hotels, I'm sure some others may come up with suggestions but my two favorites downtown (other than the Monaco) are the Brown Palace and the Hotel Teatro. Both are four-star properties and both have nice restaurants and are in pretty good locations. Also, both are in close proximity to all day parking lots.

If you have any other questions, i'd be happy to try to answer them.

Strive
Feb 4th, 2003, 11:08 AM

A few years ago we stayed at the Burnsley Hotel, not in the center of downtown, but close enough. The Burnsley is an all suite hotel with complimentary parking, and a good restaurant. If I remember correctly, there are only about 75-80 suites, and each floor only has about four or five suites. The "suites" are like a small apartment, with entrance hallway, full kitchen, separate dining room, living room, bedroom with king-sized bed, and one bathroom. If you ask for a higher floor with a view, you'll be rewarded with a great vista.

This hotel is in a quiet area of town, and I recall that the rate quoted for two people was very good considering the type of unit we had.
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:04 AM

stay at the westin tabor center.
Feb 7th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions - the Westin tabor looks great but very expensive. The Burnsley looks just about right!