Delta Crown Club Room--Atlanta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also posted this on the Europe board since I assume different people look at the boards.

On our way to Europe we've got a 5 1/2 hour layover in Atlanta next week. (This is the price I'm paying for buying a cheap ticket). I see that Delta offers a 1 day pass for $25 per person. If you've used these rooms, would it be worth spending the $50 for 2 of us?

Also, I have some old vouchers from Delta for $50 each. We've never been able to use them before so I might give them a try here to see if they are still valid. Even though they are about 3 years old, they don't seem to have an expiration date on them.

My question: worth it if I have to fork over cash or only worth it if I can use the vouchers or not worth it at any price? Thanks.

Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 09:28 AM

I have a lifetime membership to Northwest World perk club that I purchased years ago when I was a road warrior before I retired. I am able to use Delta and Continental clubs also.

If you are looking for quiet for 5 hours and a comfortable place to sit and read etc. plus a drink or two and possibly a cookie, then go for it. Personally I don't think it's worth $50.00 for such a short time. If you can use the vouchers, then by all means, go for it.
I'm jealous your on your way to Europe!! Have a great trip.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 05:24 PM

We just used this room in April on our way back from the Caribbean to Toronto. For us it was free but I;d agree with others that I wouldn't pay $50 for the privilege. there were newspapers, soft drinks and some little snack. It was OK but not $50 worth OK.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 07:58 PM

With 5 1/2 hours to kill, I'd look at it this way - do you want to sit in a crowded, noisy waiting area, a crowded airport bar or a crowded food court and pay inflated prices for mediocre (at best) food? In the club you will get muchies but nothing more substantial if that matters, and you cannot bring in your own food from outside. Your club admission gets you drinks (alcoholic and non) in a quiet, comfortable environment and newspaers/magazines to peruse.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 08:07 PM

But for $50. I'd head to a quiet concourse (International) or take the escalator up to the Chili's on A concourse. Unless you plan to drink a lot (alcoholic or non), that's a lot of $$$ for "free" drinks and snack mix.

And, if you drink TOO much, you may be denied boarding on your flight!

I guess it depends on how much $50 means to you. Heck, that's a taxi from CDG to Paris (inside joke