Delta Airlines miscommunication

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Due to a miscommunication between me and Delta Airlines, my FF ticket was not confirmed for my mid-April trip to Maui 2005. After a long conversation yesterday, they found a flight for me two weeks later on a partner airline.

Question, what is the likelihood of seeing whales late April, early May?
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

DISREGARD THIS POST!!!!

Just spent almost an hour on the phone with Delta and they reinstated my original flights. I am so excited!!! Although it was not a big difference in the dates, they were significant as my family is scheduling around them as well. At least that is the plan. I'm the only one using FF miles. And they are all flying out of a different city.

Thanks so much to KD at Delta Airlines and the customer care team. They worked really hard to reinstate my information.

Really needed something good to happen this week, and this was a nice way to wrap up a challenging week.

wooo hooo!!!!
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 12:53 PM

Out of curiosity did you obtain your tickets using the "Sky Saver" award schedule (which limits the number of freebies they give out), or "Sky Choice?

The latter essentially gives you any itinerary on any dates you want (provided you shell out twice the miles you would with "Sky Saver").

The reason I ask is that there's been quite a debate on FlyerTalk.com about Delta's allocation of seats for awards as compared to those reserved for revenue-paying passengers.

Thanks.

Old Jun 26th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Actually, I did it by phone (Skysaver) as recommended by a Delta employee because of the delay of trying to find a flight online. There are limited seats and few flights to OGG. HNL would be a lot easier. Not willing to shell out double miles for a coach seat using skychoice.

Going over to check out Flyertalk now, been a while since I've taken a look.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 09:08 AM

Good for you! I tried for weeks (with flexible dates) to use my FF mile for SkySaver and finally got bullied into buying extra miles to use Skychoice. They literally gave me no choice (excuse the pun). I didn't believe it could be done, so I'm glad you succeeded.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 02:15 PM

Five of us are traveling to Hawaii next month (can't wait), all on our Skysaver FF miles. My husband and I will be in first class, the boys in coach. We are flying into HNL and home from OGG. We were flexible with our dates but only by a day or two. I called at midnight, as soon as the inventory went into the schedule. On the first try we couldn't fly into Maui, first class or not. When I gave up on that, we had terrible connections and layovers to get into HNL so I decided to try for a Wednesday night. We will fly from Hartford to Cinncinati and onto HNL. Getting home required getting up at midnight but the flights were there. My husband is confirmed in coach for the OGG to LAX segment but we are hoping that comes through or I will "suffer" alone in first class.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

DawnCT, Wish I could suffer in first class. Would be glad to give up my coach seat for you to sit with your husband while I sit in first class.