Reload this Page >

Delano v. Shore Club

Search

Delano v. Shore Club

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Adam

Delano v. Shore Club

My wife and I (both late 20's) will be in Miami for 3 days later this week. We are looking for a hip and fun place to stay and have decided on either the Delano or Shore Club. The Delano is about $80 more per night. To be honest, I am also a little intimidated by the Delano - don't know if I am quite cool enough to hang out there. Which would you recommend?

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Rocky

A-
The Delano is definitely for the hip/cool who know they are hip/cool.Go have a drink and "mingle".I couldnt stay there either.HTH
R

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 10:18 AM
topper

topping

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 02:46 AM
John

Considering that Ian Schrager now manages both hotels and staying at one allows for reciprocal access to the facilities of the other, I don't think it really matters which one you choose. Both are fine hotels and are equally hip, although I think the Shore Club is a bit more private and upscale. Pick one and then check out the other with your reciprocal guest privileges.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Julie

The Delano started it all and is still the coolest IMO. I love the Alice in Wonderland feeling you get there. And the private massage tables by the pool are so intriquing. Shore Club is cool too but after the Delano everything else seems like an imitation--some better, and Shore Club is one of those.

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Jordan

I agree with the previous poster.The Delano is by far the superior choice.The Shore Club is getting alot of buzz but it seems empty after a recent visit.On the other hand The Delano was alive with all kinds of people- young,old,skinny and fat.Don't be intimadated there is no reason. Have fun! You will be happy you choose The Delano.