Club Med Feedback?

Dec 24th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

Club Med Feedback?

Hi,

I'm honeymooning in mid-May, and am really leaning towards Club Med in Provo. I read a bazillion reviews on Tripadvisor, and realized the negatives were more incident-related, and not a true negative of the resort.

Can anyone offer me feedback on Club Med? Is there construction nearby in may '06? Any insight at all that isn't related to a personal incident? I've read that you can either party there or take it easy and find a little solitude if you eat outside as opposed to the communal tables, which is comforting for a honeymoon couple...

Any places to book Club Med cheaper???

Help please!! Any advice specifically?? please pretty please, e-mail [email protected].

THANKS!!
Dec 25th, 2005, 06:33 AM

Club Med is considered pretty old and somewhat rundown. It is known as a singles place as well. Food fair. It is however, on the same stretch of gorgeous beach as the other resorts.

Club Med was one of the first places to build on Grace Bay and seems to have been the place that opened up Provo to tourism.
There is one other all-inclusive resort on Provo. It is much more expensive than Club Med and is more family oriented. There are also a few motel-like places. But most of the resorts are like apartments: ranging from studios with one large room and small kitchen area to one bedrooms with a full kitchen(and then even larger ones).

Club Med is certainly an option--- best if you know all the info before you plunge!

Dec 25th, 2005, 07:32 AM

I agree Club Med looks run down 2 me also. We were on island twice this past summer and both times the Club was quite. I would try the RWI next 2 the club or Oceans Club.
Dec 25th, 2005, 08:54 AM

pull4ud,
I think you should look into Royal West Indies on Provo. It's right next door to Club Med, but much nicer IMO. I think it would be better for a honeymoon. I agree with the others that Club Med looks run down. We've stayed at RWI twice and really like the resort. It's also very resonably priced compared to other resorts on Grace Bay.
Sandy
Dec 26th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input!! I have been doing a LOT of homework on this for the past few months. I have looked into RWI and other condos on VRBO, but realize that 1-I'm not as picky as many readers on fodor's... I don't need/want a luxury resort. 2- My budget is SIGNIFIcantly lower than most I"ve seen on fodors... Like $3,000 ish for my whole honeymoon. That's why Club med appealed to me. I can get everything in one price.

I'm just really hoping to find people who've actually stayed there that might be able to offer insight. Is "run down" on Provo relatively nice by other island's standards?? Everything is so new there.

Thanks again, I apprecaite all the help.