Search

Dallas Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Brian

Dallas Hotels

Trying to pick a Dallas hotel for upcoming weekend. We have two kids and need a nice pool. Has anyone stayed at any of the Embassy Suites in Dallas?. Any other good ideas? We were considering the Wyndham Anatole but saw some VERY BAD recent reviews.

Thanks so much for your help.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:46 AM
sandi

What area are you wanting to stay in? Dallas is pretty sprawled out. Any particular sites you're going to see that you want to be close to? Price ranges..etc..

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 11:15 AM
jcb

Brian -

I am looking out my office window at an Embassy Suites on Noel Rd (Galleria area), and to my knowledge, it has NO pool. Please tell us what area of town you would like to stay.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 12:12 PM
small

jcb-
The Embassay Suites on Noel Road is directly across the street from my apartment, in fact my office window faces directly into it, small world on the travel board isn't it. And yes, there is no pool there.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Brian

Thank you guys so much for replying. All Embassy Suite pools in the Dallas area have indoor pools. I was trying to decide between the Galleria and Market Center locations. How does the Galleria location look? Are we too far from downtown? We're in town for the Cowboys game, but will also be in the Design District and downtown. We were interested in some of the neat hotels downtown like the Melrose and Magnolia, but they don't seem very kid friendly. We'll have a car available, so don't mind driving a bit. Willing to spend about $200 / night. Would love to do Mansion at Turtle Creek, but just a little too much $ right now. Thanks again for any suggestions.

Brian

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:46 PM
sister

Hmmm...YOu could always take the kids to the Galleria and go ice skating..that area is much nicer than Market Center. However, there is a Medieval Times close to the Embassy Suites Market Center and that property is close to downtown (and the funky Oak Lawn area if you are into funky food). Are you driving to the game as well? If you stay near the Galleria, it is tricky getting from Cowboys stadium northbound 35. I believe you take 114 East, to Loop 12 North...that will run directly into 35. There are no signs that tell you this..you just hafta know.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:47 PM
calli

What about the Embassy Suites near Grapevine Mills? Lots of restaurants there..close to the stadium..shopping.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 04:22 PM
kit

melrose is great; also turtle creek and crescent

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:34 PM
missy

The Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas is a nice hotel and very close to Texas Stadium if you want to check that one out. It's also a ten minute ride from the Market Center and near downtown. If you have a car this hotel and the Embassy Suites on Noel Rd. near the Gallaria are a good location for anything you want to go here while in Dallas. Hope you enjoy your trip !

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:46 AM
sandi

I would either stay in Las Colinas (Irving, really, where the stadium is) or closer to downtown.There's an Embassy on Hiway 35 (Stemmons) around the Inwood exit. That would put you almost equal distance from the stadium and downtown with a straight shot to either (via the highway).

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Christie

I'd recommend the Embassy Suites Outdoor World in Grapevine. It's convenient to the Grapevine Mills Mall, it has a good indoor pool, and there are tons of restaurants nearby. If you choose to drive in to downtown (The Dallas World Aquarium in the West End is awesome!), it's a straight shot down 114. Texas Stadium is also right off 114.

The State Fair of Texas would also be something your kids would enjoy. www.texfair.com

You're very correct that the Melrose and Magnolia are NOT kid-friendly places. They cater more to upscale business travelers.